This easy KFC coleslaw recipe is one I have been making for literally years. It tastes so similar to the KFC coleslaw, the only difference is I don’t dice my coleslaw up, but if you prefer that texture, by all means, chop away!
Table of contents
5-minute prep is all it takes to make this quick coleslaw recipe. Crisp cabbage, carrots, in a homemade creamy coleslaw dressing.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Easy Prep
- Simple Ingredients
- Whip up in a large bowl and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- I used the coleslaw mix for easy prep
- Affordable to make
More Side Dish Recipes
- Coleslaw Mix
- Mayonnaise (can sub miracle whip)
- White Sugar
- White Distilled Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
How Do You Make KFC Coleslaw
- In a bowl you will add your buttermilk, vinegar milk, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, lemon juice. Mix until it is nice and creamy.
- Chop up your coleslaw mix and fold into the sauce. Coat well and then cover and store in the fridge.
- After 4 hours you can then serve up this easy slaw side dish.
7 Weight Watcher Freestyle Points for Coleslaw Recipe
If you are doing Weight Watchers, it is 7 points with Light Mayo and 11 points with regular mayonnaise! A decent side dish recipe to consider for your parties, and gatherings.
If you want an easy coleslaw or new cabbage recipe to try, this recipe is stellar. Plus the KFC coleslaw dressing is the perfect flavor between sweet and tangy.
Easy KFC Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 package cabbage mix
- 1 1/2 tbs vinegar white distilled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Start by adding your buttermilk, milk, white distilled vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, and a dash of salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk all the coleslaw dressing ingredients until nice and creamy.
- Now you will take your coleslaw mix and chop it up a bit, to give it that chopped coleslaw texture that KFC is known for. You can skip this step if you would like.
- Pour the shredded cabbage and carrot mixture into the coleslaw and stir until the mixture is well combined for this side dish.
- Now take your coleslaw and cover it and place it in the fridge for 4 hours. Remove from the fridge, give a good stir and serve.
- This copycat KFC coleslaw recipe serves around 6-8 servings.