Vegetable salad is a cold veggie salad with mayonnaise and vinegar-based dressing. Loads of flavor in this fresh vegetable salad, and nutrients.
Table of contents
Looking for that perfect vegetable salad to pair next to your main dish? I have a vegetable salad recipe that could compliment your menu.
Plump tomatoes, crisp celery, corn, black olives, and more with a homemade dressing. This fresh vegetable salad requires ten-minute prep, and you are ready to serve it up.
Why Make This Vegetable Salad…
- Simple Ingredients
- Easy to Make
- Make-ahead salad recipe
- Whip up and serve, no waiting required
- Full of crisp veggies
- Black Olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pepper jack cheese
- Sour Cream
- Celery Seed
- Salt and Pepper
- White Wine Vinegar
How to Make
Step 1: Start by prepping all your veggies and cut them down to small sizes. Then dice up the block cheese as well.
Step 2: Next in a new bowl add in your creamy sauce ingredients. Mix well then pour over all the vegetables.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy this simple cold vegetable salad.
Your cold salad will store in the fridge for up to 5 days. The key is to watch the chopped vegetables. When they start to soften that is the time to toss.
Depending on how fresh your vegetables are, the storage time will vary a bit.
This fresh vegetable recipe can be made a day or two in advance. That makes it a perfect potluck salad to take to a summer cookout, family reunion, etc.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Try to cut up the veggies into uniform size, so you can get all the flavors in each bite.
- This is a wonderful cold potluck recipe that can be made in advance.
- You can make and serve this salad right away, no needing to let it sit in the fridge.
- Swap the pepper jack with a mozzarella cheese or even sharp cheddar.
- This vegetable side dish is great for dinner or even a snack.
- Add more white wine vinegar if you want more tang to the sauce.
I hope you enjoy this vegetable salad idea. It is one of my favorites and I have been making it for years now!
Craving More Side Dishes
- 2 English Cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 1 cup of sliced black olives drained
- 1 1/2 cups of diced pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- Start by prepping all your vegetables and dice them up into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl. Toss in your cubed cheese. Once all your fresh vegetables are prepped you will move onto the homemade dressing.
- Next, you will mix up the mayonnaise, sour cream, rice vinegar, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Once creamy, pour over your vegetables.
- Give your fresh vegetable salad a stir, and then serve or store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it up.