Serve up this creamy corn salad recipe for a side dish for dinner tonight. This is a corn salad with mayo, ranch, green onions, jalapenos and more. This crack corn salad is the perfect cold salad.
You can make this a canned corn recipe or opt for fresh corn salad. Reach for canned corn or cut corn right off the cob.
This is a cold corn salad that you can make in advance if you need to.
Why Make This Corn Salad...
- Quick and easy prep
- Simple ingredients
- can use canned corn or fresh corn on the cob
- Easy side dish
- make ahead potluck salad
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Ranch Dressing
- Green Onions
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Start by prepping all your vegetables and then place in a bowl.
Step 2: Next, you will place all remaining ingredients for corn salad in the bowl. Mix well till combined.
Step 3: Refrigerate until you are ready to serve up this corn salad.
If you happen to have corn leftover just store the salad in an airtight container. The salad will last for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Here are some variations to this corn side dish you can consider.
- Use fresh corn off the cob instead of canned corn for a summer corn salad recipe.
- Reach for pepper jack cheese instead of shredded cheese.
- The bacon is optional in the recipe.
- Leave out the jalapeños if you don’t want spice. You can swap with bell peppers if you want.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Baked Beans with Ground Beef
- Jalapeno Cornbread
- Pea Salad
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Salad
- Sheet Pan Brussels Sprouts
- Glazed Carrots
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 3 Cans of Corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Fresh Lime (Squeezed)
- 1 Jalapeño (diced)
- 1/2 Cup Mayo
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Ranch
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion
- 1 teaspoon Onion Power
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 12 Pieces Cooked Bacon (sliced)
- Start by cooking your bacon in the oven or in a skillet on the stove. Take your cooked bacon and place on a paper towel. Then chop up into small pieces.
- Now in a bowl you will add your canned corn, diced jalapenos, green onions, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, sour cream, mayo, ranch, and shredded cheese.
- Mix well and then drizzle with fresh lime juice and bacon. You can leave some bacon out to sprinkle on right before serving if you want.
- Store the corn salad in the refrigerator covered. When you are ready to serve it up, toss and dish up the easy corn salad.
You can use frozen corn, canned corn, or even fresh corn on the cob. Creamed corn does not work well for this recipe.
Swap the sour cream with Greek plain yogurt if you would like.
For the jalapeno you can de-seed the pepper to reduce the heat. Or leave the jalapeno out if you do not like spice.
I used shredded cheddar but feel free to use any type of cheese you want. Pepper jack, sharp, etc.
The bacon can be left out if you a vegetarian side dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 449mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.