Bruschetta pasta salad is a fresh pasta salad that is loaded with incredible flavor. Tender pasta, grated parmesan, basil, tomatoes in this pasta salad. Dare I say this is the best cold pasta salad?
Step out of the box from a classic pasta salad. This is a great summer side dish that is loaded with flavor and a vegetarian side dish. 7 ingredients are all you need for this cheese and tomato pasta salad recipe.
Table of contents
The parmesan cheese adds a nice bite to the pasta side dish. You can serve this up as a unique pasta salad for dinner or your next potluck.
This is a great recipe to use up your fresh basil and cherry tomatoes. If you enjoy gardening, you might love to use fresh produce in this vegetable side.
Try my grilled bruschetta chicken as well. Tons of flavors in this juicy chicken recipe.
Why You Will Love This Bruschetta Pasta Salad…
- Simple ingredients
- A great potluck side dish
- Make-ahead camping pasta salad
- A vegetable side dish
- Pairs well with almost anything
- Versatile in vegetables you add into the salad
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Diced Tomatoes
- Red Onions (optional)
How to Make
Step 1: The first thing you want to do is cook your pasta as directed on the package. I used Orecchiette pasta. Feel free to use any pasta you like.
Step 2: While the pasta is cooking, you can prep your basil. Stack the basil leaves on top of each other.
Then roll and slice thinly. Dice up the tomatoes and set aside. Dice up onions as well if you choose to use them.
Step 3: Drain pasta and place in a bowl. Toss in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and toss until mixed well. Taste and adjust the ratio if you want.
Step 4: Now add in the tomatoes, garlic, onions, and fresh basil. Toss again and sprinkle on freshly grated parmesan.
Serve up this pasta salad and enjoy!
If you do not eat this pasta salad right away, store in the fridge. Make sure to place it in an airtight container. Toss before each serving.
You might find the pasta dries out a bit, then just add more vinegar or oil to help add moisture back in.
The pasta salad will store for 3-5 days.
Expert Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Add in mozzarella pearls instead of parmesan cheese.
- Goat cheese can be a great cheese alternative.
- Any shape or size of pasta works. Just cook till al dente.
- You can serve this bruschetta recipe cold or hot.
- Sprinkle on pine nuts for crunch
- Feel free to make this a day in advance of when you want to serve it.
More Side Dish Recipes
Bruschetta Pasta Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion optional
- 1/2 cup basil loosely packed
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Start by cooking your pasta as directed on the box. You are welcome to use whatever pasta you would prefer.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut up your basil, tomatoes, and onions. If you are using fresh garlic, go ahead and mince it.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and then toss in the Balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Toss the pasta and then taste. Add more or less of each to fit your preference.
- Add in the garlic, tomatoes, onions, and basil. Stir and then top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve up this Bruschetta pasta salad warm or refrigerate it and store it cold.