Rainbow Bean Salad is one of my favorite summer side dish recipes. Three varieties of beans collide with a homemade bean salad dressing drizzled on top of it. Give this bean salad a try!
If you are looking for something that is fresh, full of vegetables, a light dressing, this vegetarian bean salad is a fantastic option. An easy cold bean salad.
This Bean Salad Recipe Is..
- Loaded with Vegetables
- Nutrient Rich
- Great Side Dish
What Beans Are In This Summer Bean Salad
Black beans, kidney beans, as well as garbanzo beans are what is used in this summer bean salad.
Now, if you want to change out the beans to fit what you have on hand or what you prefer, go ahead. These are just the beans I enjoy pairing together.
Other Beans to Consider
- Pale Navy Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Black Eyed Peas
Bean Salad Dressing
You will find that making a bean salad dressing is a great way to really amplify the flavor. Now, you can skip the homemade dressing if you want.
We just love it with a homemade dressing. It helps to bring out the bold and rich flavors of the beans, veggies, and more.
How To Make Rainbow Bean Salad
- Step 1: Start by making your homemade dressing. I used a mason jar where I poured my olive oil, mustard, red wine vinegar, sugar, and seasonings.
- Step 2: Prep all your vegetables and pour your beans in a bowl.
- Step 3: Pour your dressing over the vegetables and beans, stir and then place in the fridge. Make sure to place in an airtight container.
- Step 4: I recommend storing for at least 4 hours in the fridge, or best overnight to allow flavors to marinade.
Cold Salad Great For Potlucks
This is a fantastic side dish to take to potlucks. A cold salad that is great for parties, summer cookouts, gatherings, and more. This is a sweet and sour dressing
Here are more great side dish recipes to try out.
What To Pair With Fresh Bean Salad
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Rainbow Bean Salad
- 1 15.25 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 ounces can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 ounces can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 3.8 ounces can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1- pint grape tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
For the dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- To make this rainbow bean salad, you will want to prep all your veggies and open your cans and place them in a bowl.
- Then in a jar or bowl, you will want to work on adding all the ingredients for your dressing. Place lid on the jar and shake, or use a whisk to mix up the dressing.
- Pour over the veggies and beans, and toss the salad.
- Store your rainbow bean salad in the fridge for at least 4 hours or let it sit overnight.
- Then right before serving give your bean salad a toss, and enjoy.