Peeps Rice Krispies Treats are one of our favorites. Save back your Easter candy or pick up some extras to make these Rice Krispies treats in the oven! Simple, easy, and just 3 ingredients needed.
I know you either love Peeps or hate them. But when you use them as the marshmallows in a Rice Krispies treat they taste so similar to a marshmallows it is a great way to use them up!
Give this Rice Krispie treats with peeps a try for a change. This Easter dessert is always a hit.
This Peeps Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Is…
- Made in the oven
- 3 Ingredients Needed
- Quick and Easy
- Great for Leftover Easter Peeps
- Simple Prep
Rice Krispies Cereal – Grab some rice crispy cereal, you can use plain, fruity pebbles, or even cocoa pebbles works.
Peeps – Any shape or color works. Our store was almost out so I had to grab a mix of colors.
Butter – This needs to be butter not margarine.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this Rice Krispies with Peeps are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through.
Step One: Place your Peeps in a single layer in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
Step Two: Pour your cereal over the top of the Peeps. Use your hand and spread the cereal out to make it even.
Step Three: Slice your butter and place on top of the cereal. Try to space it out so the butter melts down all over the cereal mixture.
Step Four: Bake in the oven as directed. Then remove and use a silicone spatula to mix the Peeps Rice Krispies up well. Then press into the pan.
Step Five: Add sprinkles if you want and let the cereal bars cool, then slice and serve!
The rice crispy treats can be stored in a covered dish like a sealed container or Ziploc bag. Just make sure if it is in a bag that you remove the air as best as you can.
The treats will store for 4-5 days on the counter, and then begin to go a bit stale. So try to eat your Easter Rice Krispies before they go bad.
Modifications and Tips
- Use any flavor of Rice Krispies for this recipe.
- Make sure to allow the treats to fully set up, or they will fall apart a bit.
- Packing the cereal down after well mixed, helps form the bars. If you don’t pack the cereal together they will not hold shape.
- Sprinkles are optional for this recipe.
- Anywhere from 14-16 Peeps works great for the size 9×13 pan.
Here are a few common questions when making this Easter treat!
You can use Peeps instead of marshmallows for Rice Krispie Treats. Another option is mixing almond butter and maple syrup together to create a sticky mixture. I have not tried this method but here it is successful.
High heat is the cause of rice crispy treats getting hard, and also that you press them too hard together. The key is not overcooking the butter and marshmallow mix and not pressing too hard when forming the treats.
More Easter Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Peeps Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 6 tablespoons butter sliced thin
- 16 Peeps any shape or size works
- Sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 9×13 pan place your Peeps in a single row in your pan.
- Then pour the Rice Krispies cereal all over the Peeps. Spread it out to make an even layer.
- Now slice up your butter thinly and place all over the pan. Spread it out so the butter melts down evenly.
- Toss in the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and use a silicone spatula and mix up the mixture. The marshmallow Peeps will be nice and melted.
- Once the mixture is mixed well press the rice crispy treats down in the pan to help it stick together.
- If you have sprinkles add them on while still warm and lightly press to help them stick. Let it firm up, and then slice and serve!