Craving a layered summer strawberry salad? I have a berry salad that is layers of lettuce, berries, red onions, cheese, and more. This is one stunning summer berry salad to serve up this summer.
Whether you are looking for a potluck side dish, summer cookout side, or a weeknight salad. This easy salad recipe is one of my make-ahead salads for dinner time.
Table of contents
Why you will love this summer berry salad….
- Simple ingredients
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
- Crisp Lettuce
- Colorful layered salad
- Great for dinner, summer cookouts, potlucks, etc
- Homemade salad dressing recipe
- Romaine Lettuce Or Spinach
- Red Onion
- Blue Cheese or Feta Cheese
- Sour Cream
- White vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
This is the directions for the homemade creamy salad dressing and the red and blue summer salad recipe.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by taking a trifle bowl and add a layer of lettuce, then berries, onions, nuts, cheese, and then repeat.
Step 2: Create layers of each ingredient pressing down to make it fit into the trifle bowl. Repeat the layers as you would like. You can do as many layers as you want.
Step 3: Then in a mason jar start the dressing. You will add in the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, white vinegar, sugar, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Shake till combined.
Step 4: Scoop the salad out and place on a bowl then drizzle with dressing. Or you can toss the salad in the trifle bowl with pouring the dressing in.
It is up to you on terms of who you want to serve it up.
You can make and layer your salad 24 hours in advance. Anything after that I recommend waiting to make the salad up.
Leave the salad dressing in its own container, then mix or serve separate when serving up the salad.
Your green summer salad can be stored for around 2 days. Anything after that it will begin to spoil a bit.
Expert Tips and Variations
- You can use spinach leaves or another type of lettuce.
- Feta, goat cheese, or blue cheese work great for this recipe.
- Don’t want to make the homemade dressing, then buy your favorite dressing. A strawberry vinaigrette would be delicious as well.
- Fresh berries are best for this strawberry blueberry salad. You will find frozen release too much juice and will sog up the other ingredients.
- Change up the ingredients added into the salad if you want.
- You do not have to make this into a layered salad, but I just love the look of the layers.
- This fresh salad is great for dinner, summer cookouts, potlucks, and more. Anytime you need a salad idea, try this!
More Delicious Recipes To Try Out
Layered Summer Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 3 stalks romaine lettuce washed and torn into pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds strawberries washed and sliced
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- 18 ounces blueberries washed and patted dry
- 1 to 1 ½ cups toasted pecans
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- ¾ to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Dice up your Romaine lettuce or use spinach leaves instead if you want. Wash, chop and prep your lettuce.
- Start by making a thick layer of lettuce in the bottom of the glass container. Then top with sliced strawberries, followed by a layer of blueberries. Then you can do a layer of sliced tomatoes, nuts, and cheese.
- Go ahead and repeat a whole set of layers again, until you reach the top of your container.
- Then decorate with the berries, nuts, and cheese.
- If you want to make the homemade dressing for this strawberry salad, just add all the ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar. Add buttermilk, mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Shake the mixture or whisk it well. Then you can use it to pour over your salad.
- This layered salad is gorgeous but also delicious to serve up.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Let me know how you like this summer strawberry salad! It is one of my favorites.
Leave A Reply!