Antipasto salad is loaded with sliced salami, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, two kinds of cheese, banana peppers, and a homemade dressing. Serve up this antipasto salad recipe for dinner.
Light, a summer-inspired salad that is loaded with toppings, and a homemade dressing that brings this salad together.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Easy Potluck Or Weeknight Dish
Whether you bring this recipe to your next potluck, or serve it up for dinner or a dinner side. It is loaded with tons of flavor so it is anything but bland.
An Italian salad with salami and more is going to satisfy your salad cravings with one single bite.
Why Is It Called Antipasto
It is called this as this salad is generally served before you serve up a pasta recipe. Try my creamy shrimp pasta. It is derived from the Latin words that means before a meal.
But if you are wondering do you actually have to serve before a meal, the answer is no. You are welcome to eat it as a meal or side dish. There is no wrong time to serve up this chopped antipasto salad.
What Is In Antipasto Salad
- Diced cherry tomatoes
- Banana Peppers
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Green Salad
- Mozzarella and Pepperjack Cheese
- Homemade Dressing
How To Make This Antipasto Salad
First you will start by prepping all your ingredients. Washing your lettuce, slicing veggies, opening up cans of olives, and dicing up cheese.
Then in a mason jar or bowl whip up your homemade salad dressing. Pour over your salad, toss and dive in fork first.
What Are Some Dinner Ideas To Pair With This Salad
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Lobster Rolls
- Cajun Chicken Pasta Crockpot
- Parmesan Pasta Roni Copycat Recipe
- Tuscan Chicken Alfredo
What Is Best Lettuce To Use In Salad
Honestly you can use any of your favorite lettuce varieties. From a classic iceberg to romaine. Or even do a mix with some spinach leaves for added nutrients if you would like.
You are welcome to use any of your favorites or buy a blend to use. I just sliced mine up and rinsed it but feel free to use what you have or enjoy.
What Is A Lettuce Knife
Have you heard of a lettuce knife? This is a fantastic plastic knife that is meant to cut all types of lettuce.
Using this special knife it will prevent your lettuce from browning, which is different than say a classic stainless steel knife.
You don’t have to have one of these, but it will help preserve your salad if you make it in advance or want to save the leftovers.
Can I Swap Out Vegetables In This Green Salad
Absolutely! Swap out veggies for bell peppers, fresh mushrooms or marinated mushrooms, and more. Get creative for and use what you have in your pantry or what you prefer on flavor.
How Long Will Salad Dressing Store
If you want to make your dressing in advance it will store for about 1 week in the fridge. You can whip it up in a mason jar, seal, and store in the fridge until ready.
Give a good shake and then drizzle over your salad.
- 5 ounces salami, diced
- 5 ounces pepperoni, mini or diced
- 2 jars of olives, I used black and a green
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, 12 ounces
- 1 cup diced pepper jack cheese, into cubes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced into cubes
- 1/2 cup banana peppers, I used jar, but could slice fresh
- Parsley, optional
- 1 head of lettuce, I used romaine but any works
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Start by preparing your dressing in a bowl or mason jar. Add in your oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Stir or shake until well combined. Taste to see if you need more salt or pepper. Set aside.
- Now you will work on prepping your cheese, veggies, and meat. Then begin to assemble your antipasto salad.
- Start by adding your lettuce on the bottom. Then add meat followed by cheese, artichoke hearts, peppers, tomatoes, olives, and parsley.
- Now Drizzle with homemade dressing and serve your fresh antipasta salad.
If you plan to save some, don't pour dressing directly on salad mix. Pour on each plate as the dressing will wilt the lettuce faster.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 1050mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading.