Crock Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta is a super easy weeknight dinner to serve up the family. Cajun-spiced chicken with fettuccine noodles in a creamy pasta sauce. A super easy dinner recipe to make for the whole family. Cajun Chicken Pasta will win over a crowd.
Pasta is a treat in our household. We don’t always have it, but when we do, I love to create a flavorful chicken and pasta recipes like this. My husband loves cajun, and I love chicken. So making a recipe like this, is a treat for both of us. Give this cajun chicken pasta recipe a try today. It is one of our go-to crockpot chicken recipes right now!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Grab that slow cooker aka crock pot and make this chicken and pasta recipe. You make a cajun shredded chicken and then toss in cooked pasta, and create a creamy sauce that smothers the chicken and pasta. Pile on a plate and grab that fork and dive in.
If you want another tasty pasta recipe, try my cheesy stuffed shells with spinach.
Variations to Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Do a variety of meat – Shrimp, Sausage, Chicken, or swap the chicken out for one of the other meats. They all work great. Just remember shrimp cooks fast so cook shrimp in a skillet vs in the slow cooker.
- Adjust the heavy cream – Add more or less to adjust the thickness of your sauce. Plus less sauce will lower the calories.
- Pasta – Use any type of pasta. Shells, penne, rotini, spaghetti noodles, etc. Any pasta works, just cook accordingly on the stove and drain before pouring into the slow cooker.
- Toppings – Top with fresh diced tomatoes and green onions, or just add a sprinkle of cheese or dust with more cajun spice for added flavor.
How To Know Chicken Is Fully Cooked
You will know your chicken is fully cooked when it reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use a meat thermometer to check your meat. Stick in the thickest part of the chicken.
How Do You Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Add your chicken and the chicken broth into the crockpot.
- Now add in your onion, and seasoning and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once done cooking, shred chicken. Then add in parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and cooked pasta.
- Stir well, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
What Type of Chicken To Use For Chicken Pasta
I recommend using a boneless skinless chicken breast. You will shred your chicken when it is done cooking. Allowing it to cook slowly in the crock pot will help blend the flavors into the chicken.
Can You Make Homemade Cajun Seasoning
Of course, you can make your own cajun seasoning. If you have all the spices and prefer homemade, go right ahead. I find that homemade cajun seasoning can be an incredible way to make your dish stand out even more.
How to Spice Up Crockpot Cajun Chicken
Sprinkle on more cajun seasoning when you serve up the dish, or even reach for a hot sauce. A tabasco style sauce will pair great with the pasta and cajun seasoning, and add nice heat value to the dish.
Craving More Pasta Recipes
- Instant Pot Pizza Pasta | Get your two favorite items in one dish. Pizza and pasta come together for a savory dish. A great pressure cooker recipe.
- Creamy Shrimp Pasta | Love shrimp and creamy pasta? Try this easy weeknight pasta recipe. Sun-dried tomatoes, tender pasta, and loads of shrimp.
- One Pan Hamburger Helper | Make a homemade hamburger helper recipe that is kid-friendly. Cheesy, loads of pasta and ground beef in every bite.
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbs Cajun Seasoning
- 2 lbs. Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Box Fettuccine Noodles
- Add chicken, chicken stock, onions, and seasoning into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 2 1/2 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through, shred chicken and then add in cheese and heavy cream.
- Cook pasta according to package in a pan on the stove. Drain and pour pasta into the crock pot. Stir and cook an additional 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 1198mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
How to Store Leftover Chicken Pasta
Store in the fridge for up to three days. Then when you want to reheat use the microwave or warm on the stove. If you do the stove add a splash of chicken stock or heavy cream as you warm up to help thin out the pasta dish if it is too thick.
Can You Freeze Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Unfortunately, you can’t freeze this chicken pasta dish. The heavy cream will curdle when it is thawed and offer a different texture. You will find a lot of dairy recipes won’t freeze very good.
What to Pair With Creamy Pasta
- Vegetable recipe
- Breadsticks, garlic bread or dinner rolls
- Side Salad