This baked chicken breast is so simple to make and has a homemade marinade to bring tons of flavor to your chicken. Marinated chicken that is baked to perfection. This is the best-baked chicken recipe.
Slice and serve with a wedge salad, your favorite veggies or even a side of baked beans and cornbread.
Table of contents
Oven baked chicken is one of my go-to’s for nights I need something simple. This baked chicken marinade takes minutes to throw together and gives the chicken a savory flavor with a hint of sweet.
A must make for all your moms and dads looking for an easy baked chicken!
Why you will love this baked chicken breast…
- Homemade marinade for chicken
- Can use any cut of chicken you want – makes a great baked chicken thighs recipe
- Bakes in the oven for a hands-off dinner
- Freezer friendly chicken recipe
- Baked chicken stores well leftover
- Naturally gluten-free
- Olive Oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
Grab my Free Kitchen Conversions Printable! This shows you how many cups are in a quart, pint, etc. A great printable to keep handy for when you need to convert a recipe.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by greasing a 9×13 pan. Then you will lay out your chicken breasts in the pan. Make sure to not overlap the chicken.
Step 2: In a bowl you will add you lemon juice, oil, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix. Add brown sugar to a bowl and microwave to melt it.
Step 3: Pour the melted sugar into the marinade your working on, along with the garlic, paprika, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Step 4: Pour the marinade over the chicken, and cover the chicken tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to overnight.
Step 5: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and bake the chicken for 30 minutes, flip over, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Step 6: Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes then serve up your easy and delicious baked chicken with your favorite sides.
If you don’t eat all your chicken right away, just store any leftovers in a proper container in the fridge.
The marinated chicken can store for up to three days. Or you can freeze any leftover chicken you don’t eat. Just place in a freezer bag or container. Freeze for 2-3 months.
Variations To Recipe
- Use a store bought marinade instead of making homemade.
- Swap chicken breast with another cut of chicken – chicken thighs, legs, tenderloins, etc.
- Along with the chicken toss in some veggies in another baking dish, with some marinade on it as well for a complete meal.
- When cooking chicken you need to make sure you use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I recommend marinating your chicken for a minimum of 30 minutes. This will help lock in the flavor.
- You can pat dry with paper towels on the boneless skinless chicken breasts before you pour on the marinade if you would like.
- Store your chicken in the fridge for up to three days, or freeze.
- Use leftovers for salads, shred up and make a chicken salad, etc.
Craving More Chicken Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- How to Air Fry Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Memphis Chicken
- Hot Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Marsala
Baked Chicken Breast
Ingredients for Marinated Chicken
- 5-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- [1/2 teaspoon white pepper]
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Grease your 9×13 baking dish with oil. Place your chicken in the pan.
- Now you are going to work in the chicken marinade. In a small bowl add your oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and mix up.
- Put your brown sugar in a bowl alone and microwave for 15-20 seconds. You want to melt the brown sugar.
- Pour the sugar into the bowl with the other ingredients and add the remaining ingredients. Pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic, water, paprika.
- Pour the liquid marinade over the chicken and cover the dish and place in the fridge. Refrigerate your marinated chicken for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and bake another 5-10 minutes or until your chicken is fully baked and reads 165 degrees internally.
- Allow the marinated baked chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before you slice and serve up the chicken.