This baked chicken breast is so simple to make and has a homemade marinade to bring tons of flavor to your chicken. Marinated chicken that is baked to perfection. This is the best-baked chicken recipe.
Slice and serve with a wedge salad, your favorite veggies or even a side of baked beans and cornbread.
Table of contents
Oven baked chicken is one of my go-to’s for nights I need something simple. This baked chicken marinade takes minutes to throw together and gives the chicken a savory flavor with a hint of sweet.
A must make for all your moms and dads looking for an easy baked chicken!
Why you will love this baked chicken breast…
- Homemade marinade for chicken
- Can use any cut of chicken you want – makes a great baked chicken thighs recipe
- Bakes in the oven for a hands-off dinner
- Freezer friendly chicken recipe
- Baked chicken stores well leftover
- Naturally gluten-free
- Olive Oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
Grab my Free Kitchen Conversions Printable! This shows you how many cups are in a quart, pint, etc. A great printable to keep handy for when you need to convert a recipe.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by greasing a 9×13 pan. Then you will lay out your chicken breasts in the pan. Make sure to not overlap the chicken.
Step 2: In a bowl you will add you lemon juice, oil, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix. Add brown sugar to a bowl and microwave to melt it.
Step 3: Pour the melted sugar into the marinade your working on, along with the garlic, paprika, onion powder, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Step 4: Pour the marinade over the chicken, and cover the chicken tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to overnight.
Step 5: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and bake the chicken for 30 minutes, flip over, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Step 6: Allow the chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes then serve up your easy and delicious baked chicken with your favorite sides.
If you don’t eat all your chicken right away, just store any leftovers in a proper container in the fridge.
The marinated chicken can store for up to three days. Or you can freeze any leftover chicken you don’t eat. Just place in a freezer bag or container. Freeze for 2-3 months.
Variations To Recipe
- Use a store bought marinade instead of making homemade.
- Swap chicken breast with another cut of chicken – chicken thighs, legs, tenderloins, etc.
- Along with the chicken toss in some veggies in another baking dish, with some marinade on it as well for a complete meal.
- When cooking chicken you need to make sure you use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I recommend marinating your chicken for a minimum of 30 minutes. This will help lock in the flavor.
- You can pat dry with paper towels on the boneless skinless chicken breasts before you pour on the marinade if you would like.
- Store your chicken in the fridge for up to three days, or freeze.
- Use leftovers for salads, shred up and make a chicken salad, etc.
Craving More Chicken Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- How to Air Fry Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Memphis Chicken
- Hot Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Marsala
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
Ingredients for Marinated Chicken
- 5-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Grease your 9x13 baking dish with oil. Place your chicken in the pan.
- Now you are going to work in the chicken marinade. In a small bowl add your oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and mix up.
- Put your brown sugar in a bowl alone and microwave for 15-20 seconds. You want to melt the brown sugar.
- Pour the sugar into the bowl with the other ingredients and add the remaining ingredients. Pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic, water, paprika.
- Pour the liquid marinade over the chicken and cover the dish and place in the fridge. Refrigerate your marinated chicken for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and bake another 5-10 minutes or until your chicken is fully baked and reads 165 degrees internally.
- Allow the marinated baked chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before you slice and serve up the chicken.
You can make up the marinade and freeze it with the chicken to create a freezer meal if you would like. Thaw in the fridge the night before you want to bake. Pour chicken and all the marinade into the pan when you bake.
Chicken needs to reach 165 degrees internally to be completely cooked. Depending on the thickness of your chicken the cooking time will vary.
You can use any of your favorite marinades if you don't want to make a homemade marinade. Just follow directions on the container for how long to bake.
You can toss this chicken on the grill at 425 degrees and grill if you would prefer grilled chicken over baked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 583mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 45g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.