Whip up this 4-ingredient Buffalo Chicken Dip. Cheesy, spiced up, and the perfect dip for any of your entertaining needs. Whether you are looking for a buffalo chicken dip recipe to make for a game day party, summer cookout, tailgating, or to treat yourself at the end of the day.
Here is my go-to Franks buffalo chicken dip recipe. This party dip is anything but bland.
Table of contents
Easy chicken dip can be whipped up in literally no time. It makes a great dip recipe to make for unexpected guests. My husband loves spice so this buffalo chicken cheese dip was a winning recipe.
Check out these buffalo chicken sliders for another easy recipe for that spice and heat you want in a chicken recipe.
Why Make This Buffalo Chicken Dip…
- Simple Ingredients
- Great party food appetizer
- You control the heat factor
- Make ahead appetizer
So I like to batch cook chicken and shred it and keep it in the freezer. If you don’t have pre-cooked shredded chicken you can easily make some for this recipe. It will just add a little bit more prep to the recipe.
What Chips Do You Eat With Chicken Dip?
Pretty much anything you want to dip your hot dip in you can. We have even slathered in a toasted bun and eaten it like a sandwich. Trust me, this chicken dip is versatile in what to dip!
- Celery Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
- Salty Tortilla or Corn Chips
- Pita Chips
- French Bread
- or anything else that sounds tasty
- Shredded Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese or Sharp Cheese
- Buffalo Sauce
How to Make
Step 1: Start by adding your chicken and all but 1/4 of the shredded cheese into a bowl.
Step 2: Then stir in your cream cheese softened, so it can mix well. Stir well, and then pour in your buffalo sauce.
Step 3: Top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve right out of baking dish paired with your favorite dippers.
Step 4: Feel free to top with fresh diced green onions or pair with ranch dressing to help tame down the heat from the hot sauce.
You will have the taste of a cheesy buffalo chicken wings recipe but in dip form. It is to die for.
What If I Don’t Have Pre-Shredded Chicken?
Feel free to boil up some chicken on the stove and season with salt and pepper. Once it is done cooking, remove from water, allow to cool slightly then shred with forks or a meat shredder. Or if you have rotisserie chicken, simply shred it and use for the recipe.
Then use the shredded chicken breasts for your dip. This dip tastes fantastic, and the cheese on top is what really elevates the flavor.
More Common Questions
If you don’t own a cast iron skillet just reach for an oven-safe casserole dish or skillet to use! I just love the look of a cast iron skillet for serving but it isn’t needed.
You can warm it up in the microwave, or even the oven. If you opt for the oven just put aluminum foil over the pan to help prevent it from drying out.
Then just turn the oven to 350 degrees and heat until the dip is warmed all the way through.
You can freeze the dip, the only thing is because the cream cheese it could alter the texture of the dip. I personally have not frozen it, but I would say if you do, be aware it could curdle a bit when you go to reheat it.
More Buffalo Style Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 pound Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- Add the shredded chicken into a large bowl. You can use any shredded chicken you have on hand, or dice up chicken.
- Pour in the shredded cheddar cheese. Make sure to put 1/4 cup of cheese to the side to sprinkle on top of the dip later.
- Add 4oz (half a block) of the softened cream cheese and mix until nice and creamy.
- Pour in the buffalo sauce. Mix well. You can flavor to taste here. If you want to tame it down a bit add more cream cheese.
- Pour mixture into an oven-safe pan/dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese onto the dip. Cook for 15-20 minutes on 350. Or until the cheese on top is melted and nice and cheesy.
- Serve this buffalo chicken dip with chips, fresh veggies, etc. & enjoy!