Buffalo chicken stuffed jalapeno poppers are a jalapeno pepper that is stuffed with a spicy, creamy, cheesy buffalo chicken filling. These buffalo chicken poppers are baked in the oven and then drizzled with a creamy ranch or blue cheese dressing.
This buffalo chicken appetizer is loaded with flavor, flare, and a fun presentation value. Whip these up for your game-day entertaining, parties, or even as a treat to break up the week.
The best part of all this can be a keto appetizer that brings no guilt. Skip the ranch or swap with a homemade keto ranch. This is an incredible keto buffalo chicken jalapeno popper recipe to try.
🍽️ Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Spicy appetizer (you can tame the heat down)
- Protein packed
- Easy to assemble
- Use a keto diet approved wing sauce if you are making this keto/low carb
- Easily converts to a keto appetizer recipe
- Oven-baked appetizer
- Great for parties and entertaining
So what are you waiting for? Give these buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers a try!
- Shredded Chicken
- Buffalo Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Green Onions
- Ranch or Blue Cheese
🧄 How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, you are going to add your softened cream cheese, shredded chicken, cheese, green onions, buffalo sauce, ranch, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Slice your jalapenos in half and remove seeds and rinse the peppers. Stuff with the chicken mixture.
- Bake as directed, drizzle with more dressing, and serve up these buffalo chicken jalapeno poppers.
📌 Expert Tips
- You can leave the seeds in the jalapenos for added spice in your peppers.
- Use leftover rotisserie chicken or cook up fresh chicken to shred.
- Feel free to use any of your favorite hot sauces or buffalo sauce .
- Change up the shredded cheese – pepper jack, Monterey chicken, sharp, etc
🧀 Recipe FAQs
Jalapenos are a spicy pepper. They measure 2,500–8,000 on the Scoville scale. If you don’t like a lot of heat make sure to scrape the seeds and membranes out and rinse well in cold water.
Soak peppers in ice water for 15-30 minutes before you prepare. Then you will want to scrape all the seeds out along with the white membrane. Then rinse each pepper really well in cold water to remove oils.
Buffalo chicken gets the name from the sauce used to flavor the shredded or diced chicken. This famous chicken is made in dips, sliders, etc.
Franks Red Hot Sauce is more of a hot sauce made from red chili peppers. Where the buffalo sauce is a lot creamier and a thicker texture than a red hot sauce. You could essentially use either in this buffalo chicken popper recipe.
More Jalapeno Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- 15 large jalapenos halved and seeds removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese – sharp pepper jack, etc any work
- 1 green onion sliced
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl you will add your softened cream cheese, shredded chicken, green onions, Buffalo sauce, shredded cheese, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and garlic powder. Mix until nice and creamy. Set to the side.
- Prep your jalapenos by slicing them In half lengthwise, then scraping out the seeds and membrane. Run peppers under cold water to remove some of the oil on peppers.
- Fill each half of the pepper with the buffalo chicken filling. Top with extra shredded cheese if you would like.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the filling begins to bubble.
- Serve these buffalo chicken stuffed jalapeno poppers warm with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Air Fryer Directions
- Follow all the same directions as above. Do 370 degrees for 5-8 minutes. You will want your peppers to become softer, and the filling to turn golden brown on top.
- You can use any of your preferred shredded cheese. I like to use sharp cheddar but you can use pepper jack, Monterey jack, etc.
- Make as many or as few as you would like. Just make sure there is space between each pepper.
- Batch cook the peppers if you are air frying them.
- You can use Franks hot sauce to replace the buffalo sauce.
- Store the leftover peppers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
Let me know how you enjoy these buffalo chicken stuffed jalapeno poppers!