Have you tried a fried deviled egg yet? It is a battered and fried hard-boiled egg that is filled with a deviled egg filling. Top with crumbled bacon and jalapeno. This deep fried deviled egg is a must make fried appetizer.
The crunch of the battered outside, with a piping of a spicy mustard deviled egg filling. These deviled eggs are epic, and loaded with crunchy savory flavors.
Deep-fried eggs are just as popular as the famous hot chocolate bombs. You can boil these eggs in a pot on the stove or transform them into air fryer fried deviled eggs. For another party food try my warm bean dip, great for a crowd.
🥚 Why This Recipe Is A Must Make
- Crispy coating
- Tender hard-boiled egg
- Spicy mustard and mayo-based filling
- Jalapeno and bacon crumbles add tons of savory flavors
- Tasty finger food
- Deep-fried appetizer everyone will love
- Perfect party appetizer for game day snacking
🍳 Ingredients for Fried Deviled Eggs
- Spicy Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Season salt
- Saltine Crackers or Breadcrumbs
- Egg + Milk (egg wash)
- Jalapeno and Bacon crumbles
🧀 How To Make
- Make your hard boiled eggs. Then peel, slice in half, and place cooked yolk in a bowl.
- Smash your cooked yolks and mash with a fork. Add in your mayonnaise, spicy mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- Create your egg wash, and crush your crackers and mix with flour.
- Batter the hard boiled egg whites and deep fry or air fry.
- Once golden brown, remove from oil and place on paper towel.
- Allow the eggs to cool, then pipe with the the deviled egg filling.
- Top with paprika, or add some crumbled bacon and jalapeno slice!
Like any deep fried recipe, they are best served warm. This deep fried boiled eggs recipe is best when served warm. If you happen to have leftovers you can store in an airtight container.
They will store 1-2 days in the refrigerator. Then eat them chilled, as you do not want to reheat the eggs due to the filling.
These fried deviled eggs are so incredible, it will be hard to not eat them all right away.
Air Fryer Deep Fried Eggs
If you wanted you could air fry your hard boiled battered eggs. All you have to do is place in an air fryer at 350 degrees. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping and cook longer.
📌Expert Tips and Variations
- You can use panko bread crumbs in replace of flour.
- I used spicy mustard but you can easily swap for a classic yellow mustard.
- Serve plain with some smoked paprika, change up the toppings, etc.
- Make as many or as few as you would like.
- Pour the deviled egg filling in a sealable bag and cut the tip to pipe the filling into the eggs.
👩🍳 Recipe FAQs
More Crave-Worthy Egg Recipes
Deep Fried Deviled Eggs
- 5-6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup flour
- 12 saltine crackers crumbled fine
- 1 egg + 1/4 cup milk egg wash
- Smoked Paprika
- Crumbled Bacon optional
- Jalapeno slices optional
- Take your hard-boiled eggs, peel, and slice in half. Add the white part of the egg on a plate and the yellow cooked yolks in a bowl.
- With a fork crumble your yolks until finely crumbled. Add in your mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, a dash of salt, pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon paprika.
- Stir until combined. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Now you will work on deep frying your eggs. In a bowl add your flour and finely crumbled saltines.
- In another bowl add your raw egg and milk, and whisk to make an egg wash.
- Dip one of your white hard-boiled egg halves in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture, back into the flour to coat.
- Deep fry your eggs in oil in a pan on the stove. You want to get a golden brown coating. Remove and place your egg on a paper towel.
- Once all your eggs are deep-fried and cooled a little, grab your filling and spoon into the fried eggs or pipe into your eggs.
- Top with some crumbled bacon, a jalapeno slice, or a dusting of paprika or chili powder.
- Serve up your fried deviled eggs right away, as they will soften after they fully cool down.
Air Fryer DirectionsYou will do the same instructions as listed above. The only difference is you will spritz your eggs that have been battered with an oil mister. Then cook at 350 degrees. After 2-3 minutes, flip eggs. Repeat until the eggs are golden brown. Spritzing with oil is key.
- You can use bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs instead of flour and saltines
- Leave out the jalapeno and bacon on toppings if you want. It adds tons of flavor.
- Add a splash of hot sauce to the egg wash to add a kick of spice.
Do you think you would like these fried deviled eggs?