Learn how to make a Lawry’s seasoning blend at home. This season salt recipe is a blend of spices that is perfect for seasoning burgers, chicken, vegetables, adding into casseroles, and more.
Table of contents
This season all blends are so versatile you will want to shake this seasoned salt on everything. Yes, it’s addictive. This Lawry’s seasoned salt is one of our favorites to sprinkle on beef, pork, chicken, and more.
I love making my own spice blends for cooking with. This mix can be used in any recipe that calls for salt. Add this in for added flavor. Or ramp up the flavor with this Cajun seasoning mix.
Why This Recipe Is Popular
- You can control how much salt you add to the recipe. So no more too salty season blends.
- Customize spices to fit your taste buds
- Easy ingredient you have on hand possibly.
- Affordable to make.
- Long shelf life.
- Can make a great gift for someone who enjoys cooking.
What is Seasoned Salt
You will use essential spices you have ticking by away in your spice cabinet. Blend the spices together to make this DIY seasoned salt blend.
Once you start making homemade season all salt you will never buy it again in the stores.
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- White powder
- Onion powder
- Ground mustard
How to Make
- Measure your spices as directed in the printable recipe card below.
- Once stirred up pour in a sealable bag or jar.
- Then measure and use in all types of recipes.
Ways to Use
- Season nears like chicken, beef, pork, etc
- Scrambled eggs
- Mix in Deviled Eggs
- Steamed vegetables
- Soups and casseroles
- Potato recipes
If you are watching your sodium then just omit the salt in the recipe. You can switch with a salt alternative if you would like, or leave it out completely.
- Ensure you measure spices so you get that consistent flavor.
- Go ahead and double the recipe if you plan to use more.
- Place seasoned salt in a jar with ribbon and card and add to a gift basket for the holidays.
- Play with spices if you try it and feel it needs a bit of a tweak.
- You can store your spice blend in the spice cabinet.
- Make sure to store spice blend at a proper temperature. Or it can spoil your spices.
Homemade Seasoned salt can be stored in the cabinet in a jar or bag. You can store the spice blend for up to one year.
Seasoned salt tends to be the most practical way to spice up any dish in the kitchen. If you haven’t tried it yet you need to!
Essentially seasoned salt and seasoning salt are the same. Depending on where you live some variances to the recipe might come into play.
Essentially you can use seasoned salt for anything. Soups, popcorn seasoning, seasoning meats, potatoes, and more. A versatile blend of spices that simply helps to season a dish.
You will find that as time goes on your spices can lose a bit of flavoring. In terms of spoiling, most spices do not expire. The seasoning salt just might not offer as much flavor punch.
Here Are Popular Recipes
- Homemade Bisquick
- Apple Pie Spice
- Zucchini Tomato Casserole
- Pierogies Casserole
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding
- Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons celery seed
- 2 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- In a bowl, you will add in your salt, celery seed, garlic salt, oregano, paprika, ground mustard, white pepper, and onion powder.
- Stir well until mixed up.
- Then place in a sealed jar or container and store in your spice cabinet until you are ready to use. Then season your food as you would like.
This makes around a cup of seasoning salt. You can make more or less. Just adjust the recipe.
The season salt blend will store for around a year in the pantry.
You can use to season all types of meat, potatoes, vegetables, mix in salads, etc.
This makes a great gift to put in a small jar, with a ribbon. It makes a great gift for those who enjoy cooking.
You can use regular paprika in replace of smoked paprika.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.