Grab your Instant Pot Duo Crisp or Air Fryer and let’s make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs! You will find that hard-boiled eggs in air fryer is crazy simple, and quick to whip up.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
If you are looking for a few air fryer egg recipes, this is one to add to your list. Or grab your Ninja and make Ninja air fryer hard-boiled eggs.
How To Air Fry Eggs
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Add Eggs To Air Fryer Basket
Add your eggs into your air fryer basket! You can do as few or as many eggs as you would like. You will then cook eggs as directed in the recipe card below.
Once your eggs are done, remove the eggs. Then you transfer them into an ice bath. Just run cold water into a bowl and add in ice. This will cool the eggs down and stop the cooking process.
The ice bath also helps the eggs pull away from the shells so you can then peel your eggs easily! Who doesn’t love an easy peel egg?
Store or Peel
Once the air fryer eggs are cooled, then take and layout on a paper towel and allow them to dry off.
Then you can crack and enjoy the eggs, or store in the fridge for a healthy snack later on during the week.
How To Serve Up Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Make Deviled Eggs (try my cream cheese deviled eggs or Everything Bagel Seasoning Deviled Eggs)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy
- Eat Whole
- Slice and add into a salad
- Make Egg Salad
How Many Eggs To Cook In Air Fryer
I did 12 eggs total in mine. But for this go around I did just 6, but the most I have done is 12. You could try more but I can’t vouch it will work.
If you have a larger air fryer you might be able to easily add in more and have no problem at all.
How Do You Tell When Hard Boiled Eggs Are Done
If you are wondering if your hard-boiled eggs are done, you can do this trick. Take your eggs and spin it on a flat surface. If you find the egg wobbles as it spins, it means that there is liquid inside. You don’t want to spin it too hard.
If you spin and it looks like it spins easily and doesn’t wobble your egg is more than likely fully cooked.
Do Hard Boiled Eggs Need To Be Refrigerated
Hard-boiled eggs do need to be stored in the refrigerator if you don’t eat them within 2 hours of being cooked.
It is best to not peel your eggs until you are ready to eat or use them in the recipe you plan to use.
How Long Can You Store Hard Boiled Eggs In Fridge
Store your eggs in the fridge for up to 7 days. You will need to use your best judgment in terms of the quality of the eggs.
- 6-12 eggs
- Take your raw eggs and place them in your air fryer basket or air fryer trays if using the oven.
- Place lid on and select 250 degrees, and cook for 16 minutes.
- Once eggs are done, transfer the eggs into an ice water bath. Just pour water into a bowl, and add ice to make it super cold water. Then gently lay your eggs into the ice water bath.
- Let the hard boiled eggs sit in the ice water bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove eggs from water, and lay on a towel or paper towel. Allow drying then peel hard-boiled eggs or store them.
- Serve up your air fryer hard boiled eggs however you would like.
If you want them to not be fully cooked in the centers and a bit soft you can do 13-14 minutes instead of 16 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading.