Air Fryer Sweet And Spicy Chicken Tenders is a tried and true recipe that uses store-bought chicken tenders, that get a little makeover! Learn how to cook frozen chicken strips in the air fryer.
Air fryer frozen chicken strips are so simple to make and the glaze you dip in offers that sweet and spicy chicken flavor.
Table of contents
Sticky coated crispy chicken strips that have a homemade sweet and spicy sauce.
Or get creative and do a buffalo chicken tenders air fryer version instead of the sweet and spicy!
Chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, or anything for chicken for that matter are always welcome in my books.
Why Make Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Strips…
- Quick Cook Time
- Similar Texture to deep fried without the excess grease.
- Dip in this homemade sweet and spicy sauce for added flavor.
- Great lunch or dinner idea.
- Kids and adults love this recipe.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
- Frozen Chicken Strips
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Corn Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Ranch – Optional
How To Make Spicy Chicken Tenders
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: You will cooking your chicken tenders in your Air Fryer. The directions for this are listed below in the recipe card.
Step 2: While the chicken is cooking, you are going to make your sauce. Mix up your bbq sauce, Franks, corn syrup and brown sugar in a ban.
Step 3: Bring it to a boil then lower the temp and let it cook until all the sugar is dissolved.
Step 4: Pull the chicken out of the oven and dip each chicken strip in the sauce completely. Then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
What to Serve With Sweet And Spicy Chicken Strips
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Ultimate Air Fryer Jalapenos | Give this recipe a try, a tender jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and dipped in breadcrumbs.
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes | Love a classic fried green tomatoes recipe? Try my air fryer version.
- Easy Air Fryer Fish Sticks | Skip frozen fish sticks and make our own homemade fish sticks with this awesome air fryer fish recipe.
- Air Fryer Lobster Tail | Lobster is delicious and the air fryer does an incredible job cooking it perfectly.
- Chocolate Cake in Air Fryer | Want a dessert? Learn how to make a chocolate cake in your air fryer.
- 1 package (25 ounce) frozen Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (light)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dipping sauce (optional) Ranch or Blue cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Cook your frozen chicken strips for 11-12 minutes or until the chicken strips are fully cooked. If you are cooking in a basket make sure to cook in batches, so the strips don't overlap.
- While your chicken strips are cooking you will work on the sweet and spicy sauce. In a saucepan on the stove add your Franks, bbq sauce, brown sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cook on medium heat until it begins to boil. Make sure to stir often or it will burn.
- Once it boils you will reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes. You want all the sugar to dissolve so it doesn't offer a gritty texture.
- One sauce is done and chicken strips are done in the air fryer, you will dip each chicken tender into the homemade sauce. Make sure to fully coat the chicken.
- Lay all the sweet and spicy crispy chicken strips out on a parchment lined baking sheet, and then allow to cool for a few mintues and then serve.
- You can serve these air fryer crispy chicken strips with a ranch or blue cheese sauce.
OVEN COOKING DIRECTIONS For the oven directions, you will preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then bake your chicken strips for 18-20 minutes.
Cook the sticky sauce the exact same way, and dip into the sauce as directed above.
You can change up the sauce you dip the strips in if you would like.
If you want the sauce extra sticky, dredge cooked chicken then cook another minute or two, to make sauce stickier.
We love to dip these sweet and spicy chicken tenders in ranch.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 49gProtein: 8g
What do you think of this Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Crispy Chicken Tenders