Air Fryer Sweet And Spicy Chicken Tenders is a tried and true recipe that uses store-bought chicken tenders, that get a little makeover!
This was the perfect way for me to pull out My Instant Pot Duo Crisp to whip them up with the air fryer lid.
Sticky coated crispy chicken strips that have a homemade sweet and spicy sauce.
Sweet And Spicy Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, or anything for chicken for that matter are always welcome in my books.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
How To Make Spicy Chicken Tenders
You will cooking your chicken tenders in your Air Fryer. The directions for this is listed below in the recipe card.
While the chicken is cooking, you are going to make your sauce. Mix up your bbq sauce, Franks, corn syrup and brown sugar in a ban.
Bring it to a boil then lower the temp and let it cook until all the sugar is dissolved.
Pull the chicken out of the oven and dip each chicken strip in the sauce completely. Then serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Can I Make These Spicy Chicken Strips In The Oven
You bet! I will share the full directions on how to to make these in the oven as well.
Essentially you just cook your tenders, and then dip and serve the same as the air fryer recipe above.
What Chicken Strips To Use For Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Strips
I bought the Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips. Now you can buy a different brand if you prefer. Any crispy chicken tenders or chicken strips will do, just make sure it isn’t overly seasoned.
What to Serve With Sweet And Spicy Chicken Strips
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Ultimate Air Fryer Jalapenos | Give this recipe a try, a tender jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese, shredded cheese and dipped in breadcrumbs.
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes | Love a classic fried green tomatoes recipe? Try my air fryer version.
- Easy Air Fryer Fish Sticks | Skip frozen fish sticks and make our own homemade fish sticks with this awesome air fryer fish recipe.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes | Whip up a baked potato that is fluffy wit ha crispy skin.
Air Fryer Chicken
This Air Fryer Chicken recipe is crazy simple, minimal is required to a satisfying dinner idea.
- 1 package (25 ounce) frozen Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (light)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dipping sauce (optional) Ranch or Blue cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Cook your frozen chicken strips for 11-12 minutes or until the chicken strips are fully cooked. If you are cooking in a basket make sure to cook in batches, so the strips don't overlap.
- While your chicken strips are cooking you will work on the sweet and spicy sauce. In a saucepan on the stove add your Franks, bbq sauce, brown sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cook on medium heat until it begins to boil. Make sure to stir often or it will burn.
- Once it boils you will reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes. You want all the sugar to dissolve so it doesn't offer a gritty texture.
- One sauce is done and chicken strips are done in the air fryer, you will dip each chicken tender into the homemade sauce. Make sure to fully coat the chicken.
- Lay all the sweet and spicy crispy chicken strips out on a parchment lined baking sheet, and then allow to cool for a few mintues and then serve.
- You can serve these crispy chicken strips with a ranch or blue cheese sauce.
OVEN COOKING DIRECTIONS
For the oven directions, you will preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then bake your chicken strips for 18-20 minutes.
Cook the sticky sauce the exact same way, and dip into the sauce as directed above.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 480mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 49gProtein: 8g