Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos are going to be the ultimate air fryer recipe. Sliced jalapeños stuffed with a seasoned cream cheese mixture and topped with breadcrumbs. Jalapeno Poppers made in your air fryer.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
The stuffed jalapeños are air-fried till they become slightly tender and the bread crumb topping crisps up.
Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
Pair with some ranch dressing and dip away. This can be a tasty appetizer or side dish to pair with your dinner.
How To Make Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Prep your jalapeños. I sliced in half, removed the seeds and membrane then washed.
- Mix up cream cheese mixture and fill you sliced jalapeños.
- Mix up your butter and breadcrumbs and dip jalapeño tops in mixture.
- Cook as directed below in recipe card below.
Are Stuffed Jalapeños Hot
You control the heat factor. By taking the seeds out and the white membrane that will remove a lot of the spice.
I always rinse mine in water once cleaned to remove any excess oil.
One tip I recommend is wearing gloves if you are sensitive. I say this cause the oils in the jalapeño can burn your skin.
Especially if you have a cut on your hand.
How To Take The Heat Out Of Jalapenos
- Soak in ice water for 15 minutes.
- Next, you will want to remove the seeds and membrane from the peppers.
- Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove and place in an ice bath.
This method will really take out a lot of heat, but it is quite a bit of a process. I normally just scrape the insides, rinse, and prep.
You sometimes hit hot spots, but most of the time the peppers are mild.
Looking for another tasty recipe, try my jalapeno cornbread recipe to serve up your family.
Variations to Stuffed Jalapenos
- Mix in precooked bacon to your cream cheese mixture.
- Add in ½ teaspoon of Creole or Cajun Seasoning to the mixture for a kick of flavor.
- Mix in some ground sausage that’s been cooked and drained to the mixture.
- Try different cheese like Pepper Jack for a kick of heat.
The options to mix up this recipe is endless! Depending on what you have on hand or flavors you like, you can really have fun with these stuffed peppers.
Ways To Serve Up Air Fryer Jalapenos
Serve alone or pair with your favorite Ranch dressing, cheese sauce, or any other style of dip.
I love ranch with mine, it is how I prefer to eat them. But feel free to eat plain if you prefer, these jalapeno stuffed air fryer peppers are loaded with flavor.
How To Store Leftover Jalapeno Poppers
If you have leftover Jalapeno Poppers, store in the fridge. I place the cream cheese stuffed peppers in the fridge for 2-3 days.
The texture of the peppers will soften a bit once they are chilled. But, they still taste great. I generally eat them cold once they have been refrigerated.
But you can warm up in the microwave or oven if you prefer.
Do I Have to Add The Breadcrumbs On Top Of Jalapeno Poppers
If you want to leave off the seasoned bread crumbs, that is totally fine. I wanted to add a bit of crisp texture to my jalapeno poppers so I did the breadcrumbs.
To get the golden color you will mix the breadcrumbs with butter and then dip my peppers into it.
Craving More Appetizers
- Instant Pot Chicken Pinwheels | Easy pinwheels with a homemade guacamole filling.
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes | Whip these up with all your green tomatoes this summer. Crispy texture with a juicy tomato filling.
- Warm Bacon Cream Cheese Dip | Talk about the ultimate cream cheese and bacon dip. Serve with baguettes or chips and enjoy.
- Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs | These are savory, and crazy simple to make. A cream cheese-based deviled egg that is loads of tasty.
- 6 Jalapenos (or you can buy more)
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Start by slicing your jalapenos in half. If you don't like a lot of heat, you will scoop out the seeds in your jalapeno peppers along with the white membrane.
- Take your halved jalapenos and rinse them under cold water, to remove the oil.
- Now in a bowl you will add your cream cheese, shredded cheese, and seasonings and mix until the pepper stuffing is nice and creamy.
- Spoon the popper filling into the jalapenos and set down.
- In a small bowl mix your melted butter and bread crumbs until mixed.
- Take your stuffed peppers and dip into the breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess and place on air fryer rack.
- Turn air fryer to 325 and cook for 15-20 minutes. You want the bread crumbs on top of the jalapeno poppers to get golden brown.
- Allow the hot jalapeno poppers to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Pair with your favorite dipping sauce.
This air fryer stuffed jalapeno popper recipe is great as a side dish or appetizer. You can make as many as you would like. Just cook in batches.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 469mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g