Air Fryer Fish Sticks is a recipe that you want to make if you are a fan of seafood. A keto fish sticks recipe that is heart-healthy and keto-friendly.
Air Fryer Fish Sticks
Cod or any other white fish is perfect for this homemade fish stick recipe. Fish sticks in air fryer give you that deep-fried flavor and texture but without all the excess oil.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Ingredients For Healthy Fish Sticks
- Cod, Tilapia or other white fish
- Creole or Old Bay Seasoning
- Almond Flour
- Pork Rinds
- Salt and Pepper
What Is The Best Fish For Fish Sticks Recipe
Any white fish like cod or tilapia will work. It is all about your preference for flavor. Also, if you have a white fish that is on sale, you might buy that to save a little money.
Depending on when I cook them I generally will do a cod, and then on occasion a tilapia.
How to Bread Fish Sticks For Air Fryer
- Place almond flour in one bowl, pork rinds in another, and eggs in one more.
- Start by seasoning fish with seasoning, and then roll in almond flour.
- Next dip in egg wash, allow excess to drip off.
- Then roll in crushed pork rinds, and air fry!
How Long Does It Take To Air Fry Fish Sticks
Depending on the size of your fish sticks and thickness you can expect it to take around 12-15 minutes to cook in a preheated air fryer at 350 degrees.
But like I said, it is all about how thick your fish is. Thicker fish could require longer cook time, and thinner will cook faster.
How Do You Make Fish Sticks
- Slice fish 1 inch wide and about 2 inches long. Then layout on a paper plate to pat dry.
- Season your fish, and then start to do the coating.
- Start with almond, followed by the egg, and finish with pork rinds.
- Cook until the fish is fully cooked through.
What To Serve With Keto Fish Sticks
You are more than welcome to get creative here. Do a keto approve bbq sauce, mayo and dijon mustard mix, find a keto-approved dip you want and pair with your fish.
Or eat it plain if you are not a fan of dipping. I also love to drizzle with a little fresh lemon juice! This is one of my favorite keto fish recipes to make in a hurry.
Here are more Keto Recipes To Try
- 4 Ingredient Keto Cheese Bread | Keto Cheese Bread is the perfect side dish or appetizer to serve up. So easy and the ultimate cheesy recipe.
- Bacon-Wrapped Prosciutto Asparagus | Proscuitto Asparagus is one of my favorite recipes to serve up. This is the most popular appetizer or side in our household.
- 10 Keto Dinner Ideas | Here are 10 Keto Dinner ideas to consider adding into your menu meal planning!
- Keto Egg Salad | Here is a really easy Keto Egg Salad to make for lunch, snack, or even light dinner.
Tip For Air Frying Fish Sticks
Make sure that you leave space between each fish stick. If you touch the sticks or overlap you will find that it will then make your fish undercooked in the areas that touch.
Also, the biggest thing to remember when your air fryer is the hot air has to circulate and reach every area of the food. Otherwise, you will get inconsistency on texture and it can undercook in areas.
Looking for more easy air fryer recipes
- Beet Chips | Beet chips are so easy to make in your air fryer. Crunchy, savory, and a healthy snack option.
- Air Fryer Roasted Pesto Potatoes | Pesto potatoes are loaded with tons of flavor. These are also an easy side dish.
- 1 lb Tilapia or Other White Fish
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 oz Pork Rinds crushed and crumbled
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole or Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place your almond flour in a shallow bowl. Then crush pork rinds on another shallow bowl. And whisk eggs in a bowl for dipping.
- Now cut fish into fish stick shape, making sure they are uniform in size.
- Then season the fish with Creole and salt and pepper.
- Dip the fish in the almond flour, coating it well. Then dip in egg mixture, allow excess to drip off.
- Now roll fish sticks in pork rinds and place on the heated air fryer tray.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until browned and fish is cooked through.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve. The lemon juice is optional.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.