Air Fryer Fish Sticks is a recipe that you want to make if you are a fan of seafood. A keto fish sticks recipe that is heart-healthy and keto-friendly. Homemade air fryer tilapia fish sticks are calling your name.
Whether you are looking for a keto fried fish, cod in air fryer recipe, or pork rind fish sticks, this recipe fits it. Even if you are not keto, these fish sticks are heavenly.
Table of contents
Cod or any other white fish is perfect for this homemade fish stick recipe. Fish sticks in air fryer give you that deep-fried flavor and texture but without all the excess oil.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Why you will enjoy this air fryer fish sticks…
- A keto diet friendly recipe
- Crispy coating
- Flavorful tender fish
- Gluten Free
- Made with almond flour
- Easy ingredients
- Freezer Friendly
Ingredients For Healthy Fish Sticks
- Cod, Tilapia or other white fish
- Creole or Old Bay Seasoning
- Almond Flour
- Pork Rinds
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Start by adding your almond four to one bowl. Then add pork rinds crumbs to another bowl, then lastly beaten eggs.
Step 2: Season your fish sticks with salt, pepper, and Creole seasoning. Next dredge in almond flour.
Step 3: Dip in the egg wash, allow the excess to drip off. Then roll in pork rinds and place in a greased air fryer.
Step 4: Air Fry the fish sticks as directed, remove carefully then serve!
You can store your air fryer fried fish leftovers in the fridge, for 1-2 days. Or if you want to meal prep you can allow the fish sticks to cool. Then freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat warm back up in the air fryer, oven, or even microwave. I don’t recommend the microwave as it will make the breading soggier in texture.
- Leave space in between each fish stick, so that the air can circulate around the fish and you get an even cook.
- If you are not keto, you can use all purpose flour and bread crumbs in replace of almond flour and pork rinds.
- Tilapia in the air fryer and cod are so easy. All air fryers heat differently so pull fish when it is done.
- Season your fish as you would like.
- You can even use fresh caught fish. Just take your fish fillets and prep them and cut into even strips.
- The fish needs to be cut into even slices for even cooking.
What To Serve With Keto Fish Sticks
You are more than welcome to get creative here. Do a keto approve bbq sauce, mayo and dijon mustard mix, find a keto-approved dip you want and pair with your fish.
Or eat it plain if you are not a fan of dipping. I also love to drizzle with a little fresh lemon juice! This is one of my favorite keto fish recipes to make in a hurry.
Here are more Keto Recipes To Try
- 4 Ingredient Keto Cheese Bread | Keto Cheese Bread is the perfect side dish or appetizer to serve up. So easy and the ultimate cheesy recipe.
- Bacon-Wrapped Prosciutto Asparagus | Proscuitto Asparagus is one of my favorite recipes to serve up. This is the most popular appetizer or side in our household.
- 10 Keto Dinner Ideas | Here are 10 Keto Dinner ideas to consider adding into your menu meal planning!
- Keto Egg Salad | Here is a really easy Keto Egg Salad to make for lunch, snack, or even light dinner.
Looking for more easy air fryer recipes
- Beet Chips | Beet chips are so easy to make in your air fryer. Crunchy, savory, and a healthy snack option.
- Air Fryer Roasted Pesto Potatoes | Pesto potatoes are loaded with tons of flavor. These are also an easy side dish.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1 lb Tilapia or Other White Fish
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 oz Pork Rinds crushed and crumbled
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole or Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place your almond flour in a shallow bowl. Then crush pork rinds on another shallow bowl. And whisk eggs in a bowl for dipping.
- Now cut white fish into a fish stick. Just make sure they are uniform in size.
- Then season the fish with Creole and salt and pepper.
- Dip the fish in the almond flour, coating it well. Then dip in egg mixture, allow excess to drip off.
- Now roll fish sticks in pork rinds and place them on the heated air fryer tray. You can spritz your air fryer tray with oil to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Air fry 12-15 minutes or until browned and fish is cooked through.
- Drizzle the air fryer fish sticks with fresh lemon juice and serve.
You can use any white fish for this recipe.
Spritz your fish sticks with oil to help the pork rind coating crisp up.
If you are not keto you can swap almond flour with all-purpose flour, and bread crumbs for pork rinds if you want.
These fish sticks are freezer-friendly. Once cooked allow to the air fried fish sticks to cool. Then place in a freezer container for 3 months. Reheat in the oven or air fryer till warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.
What is your go-to lunch or dinner recipe? Have you ever tried air fryer fish sticks?