Instant Pot Jalapeño Popper Pasta is one crave-worthy Instant pot chicken and pasta recipes! Chicken, pasta, cream cheese, and bacon collide! Try this jalapeno popper pasta today!
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta
If you love jalapeño poppers this pressure cooker pasta has your name all over it. A 30-minute dinner the whole family can jump on board with.
I am a sucker for anything with cream cheese, Jalapenos, and bacon involved. Add in chicken and pasta and you are speaking my food language.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Is This Spicy Because of Jalapenos
No! I deseeded and removed the white membranes in peppers. That tames down there heat tremendously. There is a jalapeno pepper tool to use.
But if you can take the heat and want it spicy, leave the seeds in, or a handful of seeds. I personally am a wimp to heat and scrape it out.
How to Prep Jalapeño Peppers
- Start by washing your peppers. Then slice in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon or de-seeder to scrape out seeds and white membrane. Use gloves if your skin is sensitive. The jalapeño oil can burn.
- Rinse peppers thoroughly under cool water.
- Then slice as you would like.
Working with jalapeño peppers isn’t too hard. Just truly wear gloves if you hands are sensitive. The jalapeño oil can make your hands red and you can feel a burning sensation.
Can I Skip Adding Chicken Into Recipe
Yes! If you prefer to skip chicken go right ahead. This could also be a great side dish too if you don’t add chicken.
Or if you want to do ground beef or even ground sausage you can swap the meat out. Just cook on the saute feature if you do beef or sausage.
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Pasta in Instant Pot
- Saute your diced bacon on the saute mode in an instant pot. Remove bacon and place on a paper towel.
- Now toss in your diced chicken, jalapeños, and brown up the sides. You do not have to cook all the way through. Once close to done sautéing toss in the garlic.
- Remove excess grease if you would like. Then pour in water and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan.
- Add in pasta and cook as directed on high pressure followed by a quick release.
- Stir in cream cheese, bacon, and shredded cheese. Allow melting and mix.
- Top with extra cheese, fresh jalapeño slices
Are You Interested In More Jalapeno Recipes
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Jelly | Whip up homemade jalapeno jelly in your Instant Pot. Then I share how to can on your stovetop!
- Ninja Foodi Grill Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos | A jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Cook your peppers on your indoor grill.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos | Take a half of a jalapeno and stuff with a cream cheese mixture and top with bread crumbs. Great side or appetizer.
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread | Whip up cornbread with a whole new look. A kick of jalapeno and cheddar cheese in each bite.
- Corn Fritters |A fried treat that has specks of jalapenos in every bite. These are the ultimate appetizer.
How To Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. You can store for up to three days due to the chicken and bacon. If you extend it, use your best judgment in terms of quality.
Since there is a lot of cheese and cream cheese in this recipe it tends to not freeze well as the texture changes once it thaws out.
- 1-2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices of bacon, diced and cooked
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 box 16 oz pasta shells
- 6 cups water
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 ounces (room temperature)
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Start by turning your Instant Pot on saute and add in your diced bacon. You will saute it until it is crispy. Once cooked, remove and place on a paper towl and drain out oil if you would like.
- If you took out the oil from bacon add in the canola oil and let it get hot. Season diced chicken with salt and pepper and then toss in and allow it to brown up on all sides. You do not cook the chicken all the way through.
- Once chicken is close to done, add in garlic, and diced jalapeno peppers and stir.
- Quickly pour in water and deglaze the bottom of your pan with a wooden spoon.
- Now pour in your pasta and make sure to gently push pasta down in the liquid. Just make sure to not stir.
- Place the lid on your pressure cooker and make sure your valve is sealed. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Now you will add in your softened cream cheese, 2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese and bacon. Stir well.
- Now sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place lid on for a few minutes to help cheese melt.
- Then Remove lid and serve up your Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Pasta recipe. Pair with all your favorite toppings and dive in!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 455mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading.