Here is a fun crescent roll ring recipe. This buffalo chicken ring is a crescent roll wreath filled with buffalo chicken and baked to golden perfection. Pair with some blue cheese dressing or ranch, and crisp veggies.
Table of contents
Buffalo chicken crescent roll ring is a great one to serve up for game day snacking, take to a potluck event, tailgating and more. If you want a tasty chicken appetizer you will enjoy this buffalo ring.
The chicken mixture is so easy to mix up, and you can adjust how spicy or mild you want the recipe to be. A crescent ring recipe that everyone will want a slice of.
Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring
- Shredded cooked chicken
- Buffalo Sauce
- Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough
- Ranch Dressing
- Cream Cheese
- Blue Cheese (optional)
- Carrots and celery (optional)
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring
- Mix up the buffalo sauce, ranch, cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in the chicken and blue cheese and fold until mixed.
- Place ramekin in center of a baking dish. Lay out your crescent rolls to make a ring with them around the container.
- Fill with buffalo chicken mixture. Then roll up and bake.
- Remove from oven once golden brown.
- Slice and serve.
Full directions and measurements for the recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Variations To Buffalo Chicken Ring
Switch Up The Cheese
If you are not a fan of blue cheese, no worries. Reach for a cheddar cheese to replace it. Or go cheese-less and make the buffalo chicken mixture and leave out the cheese altogether.
Make Single Crescent Rolls
If you don’t feel up to doing a crescent roll ring, you can just wrap these chicken bombs up individually. Then place them on a baking sheet.
The crescent rolls will still bake up just as golden brown as compared to being wrapped. Call them buffalo chicken rolls and serve them up as appetizers or even a dinner option.
Ramp Up The Heat
I used a buffalo wing sauce. If you want add in a splash of hot sauce for added heat factor to the mixture. Or if you are wanting less hot, use less buffalo sauce for this crescent roll appetizer recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Ring Recipe FAQs
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 3 cups Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded or cubed)
- ⅔ cup buffalo sauce (plus more to serve with)
- 4 ounces Cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons Ranch dry powder dressing (plus more for serving)
- 2 Tubes of Refrigerated crescent roll dough
- ½ cup Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1 cup Baby carrots (for serving)
- 4 stalks Celery (cut into 4-inch pieces)
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then take a baking sheet and line with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a stand mixer, add your softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce and mix well till creamy.
- Then fold in the shredded or diced chicken and the blue cheese crumbles.
- Open both cans of crescent rolls. Place a 5-inch ramekin in the center of a baking sheet. Then place the triangle rolls around the bowl to use as a guide. The larger end should be touching the bowl.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the center of the triangle area that is by the edge of the ramekin. Then carefully tuck the tip up rolling the dough. The dough will not fully cover all the chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown and puffy.
- Once the chicken crescent roll wreath is done, remove and let cool 10 minutes.
- Then slice and serve this buffalo chicken crescent roll wrap. Pair with buffalo sauce, ranch, or even blue cheese dressing. I paired ours with carrot and celery sticks.
You can use any flavor of buffalo sauce you prefer. Or opt for a hot sauce in replace.
Leave out the blue cheese crumbles if you would like. You could replace with cheddar or mozzarella, or do a cheese-less appetizer.
This crescent roll appetizer is best served warm. You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
The ranch and blue cheese dressing help to tame down the heat of the buffalo sauce.
If you don't have any pre-cooked chicken on hand, just cook up a couple of chicken breasts. Then shred or dice up and toss in the mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: `
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 455mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.