Chicken salad cups are the perfect bite-size appetizer that is a creamy homemade chicken salad, served in a crunchy phyllo cup. A chicken salad appetizer that is so easy to make.
Table of contents
Chicken salad in a tart shell are one of my go-to quick 15 min appetizers to serve up to guests. It is a lot quicker than 15 minutes if you already have pre-cooked chicken.
If you don’t, it takes time to cook the chicken first. This chicken salad cup appetizer is popular, easy, and quick to prepare, it will leave your guests feeling satisfied!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy chicken appetizer
- Mini salad bites great for entertaining guests
- Can use store bought phyllo tart shells for quick prep
- Great way to use leftover chicken
- Affordable to make
How To Make Chicken Salad Cups
Step 1: Start by tossing your cooked and shredded or diced chicken into a bowl.
Step 2: Add in your pepperoncini, mayo, and Mrs. Dash and give a good stir.
Step 3: Then grab your phyllo shells and place the chicken in the phyllo dough!
If you are looking to make this recipe as a party appetizer, just make and store in the fridge. This is a great appetizer that you can whip up in no time.
Store any of your cups in the refrigerator in a covered dish. You don’t want to make too far in advance or it will sog up the phyllo cup appetizer.
Variations To Recipe
- You can cook up some wonton cups in a muffin tin till golden brown to replace the mini phyllo cups. Just bake wonton wrappers at 350 degrees and spritz with a little oil to brown them up.
- Top with cherry tomato or a sprinkle of green onions.
- Essentially fill with any of your favorite fillings, just fill phyllo cups and serve.
Can You Make Chicken Salad Appetizers Ahead of Time
If you want to make this chicken salad appetizer ahead of time, simply make the salad portion and place in the fridge wrapped up. Then right before serving, grab phyllo shells and fill them up to serve.
If you allow your chicken to sit in the cups for too long, your phyllo can become a bit soggy, and it won’t taste as good when you go to serving it.
Here are some common questions for this chicken salad cups recipe.
Chicken Salad Bites
- 2 Cups shredded or chopped chicken you can use canned chicken
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash table blend
- 1 package phyllo shells
- Add your diced or chopped chicken to a bowl with all the ingredients except the phyllo.
- Give it a good stir then spoon the chicken salad into the phyllo cups.
- Serve and enjoy.
Tasty Recipes To Try
Let me know how you like these chicken salad bites!