Instant Pot Potato Salad is the ultimate summer side dish recipe. This potato salad in Instant Pot is paired with a cream sauce, crisp bacon, and cheddar cheese.
A loaded potato salad that will win over your family at dinner, or guest as your next cookout or potluck event.
Table of contents
Instant Pot Red Potato Salad is one that you can whip up and serve warm or chilled. I personally love warm potato salad, but so many prefer to eat it chilled.
Why You Will Enjoy This Instant Pot Potato Salad…
- Simple ingredients
- Hands off cooking
- Great for potlucks
- Easy side dish
- Loaded with bacon and a cream sauce
- Summer Side Dish
- Kid Friendly
- Red Potatoes
- Season Salt
- Salt & Pepper
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions (optional)
How to Make
Step 1: Start by washing and prepping the potatoes. Then Pressure Cook Potatoes, followed by a Quick Release pressure.
Step 2: Run potatoes under cold water to cool them off. Then drain the potatoes and place in bowl. Season with salt and pepper
Step 3: Add in other ingredients to make the creamy sauce. Toss in bacon and serve up this tasty instant pot side dish recipe.
See how easy it is to make this eggless potato salad! It is different than a mustard potato salad but extremely satisfying.
Natural Release Vs Quick Release When Making Potato Salad
This potato salad in Instant Pot takes 5 minutes to cook. Then you will do a quick release on your Instant Pot.
That means you will push the valve to vent and your steam will push out fast. Then open the pot and move to the next step of the recipe.
The one thing you have to take into consideration is it takes time for your pressure cooker to come to pressure. So, even though it cooks for 5 minutes, it will take around 8 minutes to come to pressure before it begins to cook.
You will want to store your potato salad in the refrigerator for up to three days. Make sure you use an airtight container or cover the container tightly.
If you leave the bacon out, it will last 4-5 days. The bacon shortens the shelf life.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Change up what potato you use.
- Swap to Greek plain yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Marble, pepper jack, are great cheese blends to use to alter the flavor.
- You can add hard boiled eggs into the potato salad if you would like.
Looking For More Side Dishes
- Rainbow Bean Salad
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- No Soak Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans
- Corn Fritters
- Mashed Potatoes Casserole
- Caprese Pasta Salad
Build Flavor With Bacon
Isn’t everything better with bacon? Or in our house, that is our motto. The Instant Pot is crazy simple to use when cooking bacon.
Dice it up small before you toss in and it cooks in minutes. Then that bacon will add so much flavor to your potato salad.
If you want a vegetarian potato salad, go ahead and leave the bacon out.
Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons season salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheese
- Green onions for garnish optional
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot in the Instant Pot. Take a steamer basket and place your potatoes in the basket and place in the Instant Pot.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is sealed. Do 5 minutes of high manual pressure with a quick release.
- Once potatoes are done remove and place in a bowl and run water over the potatoes to cool them down faster. Be careful as the potatoes will be very hot.
- Once the potatoes have cooled you will drain off water and pour into a mixing bowl. Toss in the salt, pepper, and season salt, and coat your potatoes in seasoning. This is a flavor ot your preference. If you find it needs a bit more seasoning to go ahead.
- Add in mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chopped bacon.
- Stir to combine. Then store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Feel free to top your Instant Pot potato salad with green onions if you would like before you serve. This is an easy side dish great for weeknights or even summer cookouts.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Comments & Reviews
Kathy Fish says
I’ve made potato salad for 40+years and people rave about it. Made this recipe because my son hates mustard. My husband actually said “this is better than the way you usually make it”
Haha too funny! Thank you for sharing! Glad you guys enjoyed it so much!!