These Egg Muffins are seriously so good. Grab your muffin tin and bake up these ham and spinach egg muffins. They are a healthy make-ahead breakfast recipe, that is great to meal prep or serve up right then for breakfast.
These baked egg cups are also a freezer-friendly breakfast recipe which is one I always keep making. This is a great way to make your mornings a bit more manageable.
Also learn how to make eggs taste better, or should I say even better!
Table of contents
Breakfast doesn’t have to be hard. Muffin tin eggs are a simple and tasty breakfast muffin that is protein packed.
Plus the recipe is versatile in what you toss in your egg breakfast cups!
These spinach cheese egg muffins are…
- Perfect for meal planning
- Quick and easy to make
- Made using just 5 simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper)
- Versatile in ingredients you use
- Great way to sneak more spinach into your diet
- An awesome way to get some healthy food into your diet
- Chopped ham
- Baby spinach
You can change up the ingredients used.
How to Make Spinach Egg Muffins
Step 1: Spray the muffin pan with nonstick spray.
Step 2: Blend up the spinach, eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Mix until well blended.
Step 3: Add in your ham, and add shredded cheese on top. You will then toss these muffin tin eggs in the oven and bake.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Refrigerate – You can refrigerate your egg cups in the fridge for 3-4 days. Just reheat in the microwave as you enjoy eating them.
Freezing – You can also freeze your egg cups. Just place in a freezer container and freeze the egg cups for 3-4 months. Then just reheat from frozen in the microwave!
- Change up the meat used. You can do bacon, sausage, or leave the meat out. Just make sure the meat is fully cooked.
- Skip the spinach if you don’t care for spinach.
- Add in some small pieces of diced peppers, onions, mushrooms or other vegetables.
- Change up the variety of cheese used if you would like to alter the flavor.
- Do just egg whites if you don’t want to use whole eggs.
- Consider toppings to add on once the muffins are done. Fresh cilantro would be awesome as would some homemade salsa, too. You can also add on some sour cream or even some more shredded cheese right on top.
- You can use a whisk instead of a food processor or blender. The spinach leaves will just be larger in size.
- Use a thicker slice of ham and skip out on the deli meat. While deli meat tastes great, it’s too thin for this recipe. It’ll get lost in the mixture easily and won’t stand out at all.
- Bake until the eggs are set, then remove and allow the eggs to cool. Once they cool a bit, use a fork to carefully remove them from the muffin tin.
- If you freeze these spinach muffins, I always place them in single bags and then a larger freezer bag for single-serve storage.
FAQs About Spinach Egg Cups
Here are some common questions with these egg and spinach muffins. I will help you troubleshoot this egg recipe for breakfast feedings!
More Breakfast Ideas With Eggs
- Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sausage Egg Biscuit Casserole
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Baked Western Omelette
- Oven Poached Eggs
Egg Muffins Recipe
Ingredients For Egg Muffins
- 4-5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Make sure to spray your muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray of your choice.
- Then you will add milk, eggs, spinach leaves, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender. Mix unti lit is nice and whipped up.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin, around 2/3rds way full.
- Add in your diced ham, and topp with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the center.