Nothing I love more than a good hot dip, and this crab rangoon dip is going to hit the spot. Hot crab dip with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, loads of crab meat, and baked to perfection, with a side of wonton chips.
Table of contents
A take-out favorite that now can be made in the comfort of your own home. Pair with this Caprese dip, for the ultimate dip selection.
This truly is such an easy crab dip with cream cheese for that ultimate silky smooth texture. Just 10 minutes is all this dip takes to bake up to a cheesy hot crab dip. You get that crab rangoon taste without all the hassle!
Try my Steak Oscar for that surf and turf dinner as well, if you are looking for more crab recipes.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- 10-minute dip
- Warm and cheese
- Loaded with Crab
- Party Appetizer
- Baked Perfection In A Bowl
Trust me you guys, if you love crab and cheese you will love this baked crab rangoon dip.
Ingredients for Crab Rangoon Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Lump Crab Meat
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Dried Garlic
- Hot Sauce
- Oil + Wonton Wrappers for Chips
How To Make Crab Rangoon Dip
Step 1: First, to make this warm crab dip you are going to add in your cream cheese, yogurt, hot sauce, dried garlic, shredded cheese, mayo, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, and sesame oil together.
Step 2: Secondly, once the crab dip is mixed go ahead and fold in the lump crab meat. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake in the oven.
Step 3: Lastly, while the dip is in the oven baking, you can work on your wonton chips. You can deep fry them or do air fryer wonton chips. I share directions for both in the recipe card.
What to Serve With Dip
This hot crab dip has homemade wonton chips that are a breeze to make. Or if you want, skip the chips and serve up salty tortilla chips, crackers, baguettes, or even celery sticks for a lighter option.
Now, this might not be diet friendly, it is totally worth giving yourself a pass for the day, or a cheat day if you want to call it that. Serve up this crab dip and watch happiness spread as each person takes their first bites.
Storage Of Dip
My recipe is a warm dip recipe, so it is best to be served fresh from the oven. If you have leftovers you can store this crab dip in the fridge for 1-3 days.
Eat the leftover dip cold or warm it up for a warm dip! I think you will enjoy this is easy crab rangoon dip that packs so much flavor!
More Delicious Appetizers
Crab Rangoon Dip with Wonton Chips (Hot Crab Dip!)
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 oz crab meat or as desired
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated garlic to taste
- - Salt or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese your preference (do not add both)
- Hot sauce to taste
- Green onions optional garnish
- 3 cups oil of choice peanut or vegetable
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350F. Then grease your baking dish and set it aside.
- Then combine your Greek yogurt, cream cheese, mayo, and 1/2 cup of cheese, soy sauce, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and your hot sauce. Feel free to taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Next fold in your crab meat. Once well mixed pour the dip into the oven-safe dish and top with your leftover shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until your cheese is slightly golden brown.
- While the dip is baking, start working on your wonton chips.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or a heavy pot (like a dutch oven). Or opt for the air fryer method below.
- Slice wonton wrappers into triangles (Cut in half diagonally) then fry a few at a time in the hot oil. Make sure they have room and flip after 30 seconds on one side.
- Place cooked wonton chips on a plate that is lined with a paper towel.
- Pull hot crab dip from oven, garnish with sliced green onions and serve with wonton chips.
In conclusion, give this hot dip a try today if you are a seafood fan!