Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs with marshmallows are taking the internet by storm. White chocolate hot chocolate bombs decorated like a festive unicorn. Kids will go bonkers over these unicorn cocoa mix bombs.
Table of contents
This Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bomb Is…
- A homemade hot chocolate bomb
- Made with Ghirardelli white chocolate
- Full of mini marshmallows and hot chocolate mix
- Easy to Make
- Stores well on the counter
- Naturally Gluten-Free
This unicorn chocolate dessert is so fun. Serve these up at birthday parties, movie night at home, or a surprise treat.
A DIY hot chocolate bomb that is so cute, you almost don’t want to watch it melt away into a decadent cup of hot chocolate.
- White Ghirardelli Melting Chocolate Wafers | You can even use chocolate chips, but you need to ensure you temper the chocolate so it creates a chocolate shell.
- Hot Chocolate Mix | You can buy any flavor or brand of hot cocoa mix to use to fill the hot cocoa bombs.
- Mini Marshmallows | Dehydrated mini marshmallows are great to add to the chocolate bomb.
- Unicorn Kit | Here is a unicorn kit I used for the horn, ears, and such for these hot chocolate unicorn bombs. Fun unicorn horns and eyes.
- Unicorn Sprinkles | If you want to add in some colorful unicorn sprinkles you can try this out.
- Pink Sparkle Duster Sugar | I loved the glitter dusting sugar. You don’t have to use this but it is fun.
- Icing Flowers | I used these flowers for putting around the unicorn horn.
🍵 How to Make
Here are simple steps on how to make hot chocolate bombs with marshmallows that are decorated like unicorns.
Step 1: Place your silicone molds in the freezer. Then work on melting your white chocolate wafer chips. You can melt in the microwave, or use a double boiler.
Step 2: Place 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each sphere of the mold. Use a spoon to spread the chocolate around evenly. Repeat till all spheres have chocolate.
Gently tap the mold to help remove any air bubbles. Make sure to clean the top edge of the mold so that it is clean and will melt nicely to the other half of the sphere.
Step 3: Let the chocolate fully harden up. Fill half of the shell with cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, and any sprinkles or anything else you want in the cocoa bombs.
Step 4: Now heat a plate in the microwave for a minute. Sit one part of the chocolate sphere on the plate to melt the edge of it. This will act as the glue to stick the two circles together.
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 5: Now you will use some melted white chocolate to glue on the eyes, horn, and flowers for the unicorn face.
☕ Storage of Hot Chocolate Bombs
To store these unicorn hot cocoa bombs, you will want to place in an airtight container. Whether it be a sealable container or bag.
Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Now, if your home is hot and your afraid the chocolate might melt, feel free to place in the fridge or freezer.
Then let the chocolate warm up to room temperature before making.
🦓 Expert Tips
- Make sure to use melting chocolate or temper your chocolate. This is a must so the chocolate fully sets up.
- Fill the cocoa bombs with any of your favorite flavors of hot chocolate.
- Be aware with larger sprinkles don’t fully melt, and can be a choking hazard to little kids.
- You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white for this recipe.
- Colored candy melts could be fun as well!
- Place in treat bags to gift a cocoa bomb to loved ones.
📌 Recipe FAQs
More Drink Bomb Recipes
- Classic Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Fizzy Spicy Beer Bomb
- Irish Shot
- Rum Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bomb Ingredients
- Start by placing your silicone molds in the freezer. Then melt down your white chocolate candy melts. I did the microwave, heating in 30 second incriments.
- Now you will remove your silicone sphere mold, and add a tablespoon of chocolate to each mold. Use a spoon or brush to coat all areas of the mold. Repeat the process till all molds are filled with chocolate.
- Gently tap the mold to the counter to release any air bubbles. Then use a knife to run around the mold to make sure the top of the mold is free of excess chocolate. This is important to not make the top of your edge mis-shaped.
- Freeze chocolate until it has fully set up, or allow it to set up at room temperature.
- Once chocolate has hardened, carefully remove the white chocolate spheres from the mold.
- Now on one half you will add a tablespoon of cocoa powder and top with mini marshmallows.
- The other side of the chocolate you will heat a plate in the microwave for 45-60 seconds. Carefully remove the plate and place your empty sphere on to melt the chocolate slightly. Once the chocolate is melting a bit, piece it to the other hot cocoa filled side.
- The wet chocolate will act as glue to stick the two parts of the sphere together.
- With the leftover chocolate you can melt, and then use it to dip the unicorn eyes on, and use a toothpick to center them on the hot chocolate bomb. I used the dusting sugar on the cheeks for blush.
- Do the same with the unicorn horn, and flowers. Once decorated you are ready to use.
How to Use Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Place one of your unicorn bombs in a larger coffee mug.
- Heat up 1 cup of milk and then pour over the unicorn hot cocoa bomb. The warm milk will melt the chocolate.
- Once melted you will see the marshmallows float to the top. Use a spoon and stir, then enjoy a creamy cup of hot chocolate.
Storing | Store covered for up to two weeks. Or you can freeze these hot cocoa bombs for up to three months. If frozen just thaw before pouring milk over, as it won't melt properly if from frozen.
Dairy Alternative | If you can't have dairy you can easily swap with an almond milk or other replacement.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.