Check out my pumpkin spice hot chocolate bombs! These are a white chocolate that is filled with pumpkin spice hot chocolate, miniature marshmallows and decorated adorably!
This is a fun fall drink idea for kids and adults. Or make as an edible fall gift idea for a school party, gift to neighbors, friends, etc.
A festive and fun white chocolate hot chocolate bomb that is the perfect cup of hot chocolate.
Why Is Everyone Obsessed With Hot Chocolate Bombs
Meltable Chocolate – The biggest wow factor is you pour warm milk over the chocolate ball in a glass and it melts. Once it melts cocoa powder and marshmallows release for a stir-able drink!
Makes A Great Gift – Hot chocolate bombs are so fun, and they make fun gifts. Pair with a cute mug or even tumbler for a gift anyone would enjoy.
Possibilities are Endless – Colors of chocolate, ways to decorate, what to fill the with. The possibilities are truly endless. Customize to fit your desires.
- White candy melts or wafers
- Orange candy melts
- Mellowcreme Pumpkins
- Pumpkin spice hot chocolate
- Miniature marshmallows
- Larger sphere silicone mold
- Kitchen shears
- Piping bag or sandwich bag you cut off a tip
- Spoon or brush
- Microwave plate or small pan
How to make
Step 1: Start by heating white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Between each heat cycle stir well. You want all the candy melts to completely melt.
Step 2: Now uoi will add around 11/2 tablespoons of chocolate to each mold. Use a spoon or brush to create an even layer all over the sphere.
The chocolate will pool at the bottom. So make sure to spread it out.
Step 3: Allow the chocolate to set up. You can carefully begin removing from the molds. Be careful as the chocolate can break.
Step 4: In half of each sphere you will add in your pumpkin spice hot chocolate mix, and some mini marshmallows.
Step 5: Heat up a plate in microwave as directed. Then place the empty sphere on the plate to warm it up and gently melt the chocolate.
Step 6: Place the ball on top of filled ball and press lightly together. The wet chocolate will act as glue.
Step 7: Heat up candy melts and then drizzle on top of each completed ball. Place the pumpkin on top before chocolate hardens.
- To reduce fingerprint smudged wear food safe gloves.
- Stir chocolate every 20-30 seconds or you will run the risk of it burning.
- Feel free to change up how you decorate your hot chocolate bombs.
- If you have excess chocolate around the edges you can wipe it off with a lint-less towel.
How to Store
Your hot chocolate pumpkin spice chocolate bombs can store at room temperature in an airtight container. They will last for 3-4 weeks.
Store in a container or sealed bag.
Or you can freeze for 3-4 months. Just store in a proper freezer container. Then thaw completely at room temperature before making a drink.
Swaps and Variations To Recipe
Here are a few fall hot chocolate bomb swaps you can make to this pumpkin spice drink. Feel free to do the same as me or swap things around.
- Swap white chocolate with milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate.
- Decorate with Thanksgiving sprinkles for a Thanksgiving hot chocolate bomb.
- Add in sprinkles to the filling.
- Use any flavor of hot chocolate you want, you don’t have to use pumpkin spice flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 1/2 cup white candy melts
- 1/4 cup orange candy melts
- Silicone Sphere Mold
- 3 packets Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1/4 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Mellowcreme Pumpkins
- Piping bag or sandwich size bag and cut tip off
- Spoon or brush
- Start by melting your white chocolate in the microwave. Heat for 20-30 second heat cycles, stirring between each. You want all the candy melts to fully melt.
- Then spoon around 1 1/2 tablespoons of chocolate into all 6 of the spheres. Use a spoon or brush to wipe and move the chocolate around creating an even coating all over the mold.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge for around 5 minutes to set up.
- Once the chocolate is hardened you will gently lift the chocolate out of the molds. Place on a wax paper lined counter.
- Then in 3 of the chocolates, you will pour in the hot chocolate mix, and then top with some marshmallows.
- In a microwave safe plate heat to warm up the plate. Sit the empty chocolate on the plate and let it melt around the edges slightly.
- Place it on the filled hot chocolate sphere. Then press lightly together having the chocolate act as the glue.
- Now heat up the orange chocolate and then pour in a piping bag or sandwich bag. Cut a small tip off, and then pipe strings around the top of the hot chocolate bomb. Top with a Mellowcreme Pumpkin, and then let the hot chocolate bomb sit for 5 minutes to harden.
- Then store in an airtight container or use your pumpkin spice hot chocolate bombs to make a drink.
How to use a hot chocolate bomb
- Heat up 1 cup of milk in the microwave.
- Place 1 hot chocolate bomb in a large coffee cup.
- Slowly pour the milk over the hot chocolate bomb. It will begin to melt the white chocolate.
- Stir and then mix until the whole drink is hot chocolate.
- You can use any flavor of hot chocolate you would like if you don’t want pumpkin spice.
- Don’t make your white chocolate too thick or it will not melt down when milk is poured over it.