Reindeer cookies that are made with premade sugar cookie dough are so easy to make. Dress up your holiday dessert table or plate up for Santa for Christmas. Either way these sugar cookie reindeer cookies are so simple to make, and kid friendly. Sugar cookie base, chocolate frosting, pretzel antlers and candy eyes! Can’t forget the bright red candy nose!
My son loves decorating cookies, and these are so simple and a great one to add to Christmas Eve baking. Now you could easily make these into peanut butter reindeer cookies if you wanted. But for today, sugar cookies were on our agenda. The whole family can make these easy cookies.
Also, check out my easy gumdrop Christmas punch, or my peppermint hot chocolate bombs. These are both easy and delicious Christmas drinks to pair with the cookies. Also see how to make gingerbread man reindeer cookies as well! They are another easy reindeer cookies to serve up.
This Reindeer Cookie Recipe Is..
- Made with Premade Cookie Dough
- Can Use Homemade Sugar Cookie Dough If you Want
- Great for A Holiday Cookie Swap
- Fun For Christmas Party Events
- Adorable Reindeer Cookies
- Delicious Cookie Recipe
- Cute Reindeer Face
- Little Hands Love to Help Decorate
Sugar Cookie Dough – You can buy any sugar cookie dough at your grocery store.
Candy Eyes – Find these in the baking aisle next to the sprinkles and frosting.
Pretzels – The pretzels are used to make the reindeer antlers.
M&M’s – Use red candies for the nose for Rudolph the red nose reindeer cookies.
Chocolate Frosting – I bought premade frosting but you could always whip up your favorite chocolate buttercream frosting if you want.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make these reindeer cookies are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk-through on how these reindeer cookies are made.
Step One: Bake the cookies as directed on the package. You will want to make them into round cookies.
Step Two: Next once the cookies are cooled, you will frost with the chocolate frosting.
Step Three: Then you will add two candy eyes at the top of the cookies, and a red candy nose. The nose I put in the lower center area of the cookie.
Step Four: Next you will add the mini pretzels to each top of the cookie to mimic the deer antlers.
Variations To Cookie Recipe
Here are different ways to change up the cutest cookie reindeers. A simple sugar cookie and decorated to look like fun reindeer cookies.
- Do melted chocolate instead of frosting. Melt candy melts or chocolate chips, and then frost the tops of each cookies.
- Use white icing and chocolate icing to make eyes instead of the candy eyes.
- Swap sugar cookie dough with peanut butter cookies for a twist on flavor.
- The red m&m is for the nose, but if you don’t want them to mimic Rudolph use any other color of candies.
- You can break the mini pretzel twists to change up the look of the antlers.
- You could use red hots instead of M&M’s for the nose.
Make sure to check out my snowman cookies made with sugar cookies. They are another fun Christmas season inspired cookie recipe. Holiday cheer is filled in each bite of these cookies.
Room Temperature – You can store your cute reindeer cookies in an airtight container on the counter. The cookies will store for up to 4-5 days. You will find these cookies are best eaten fresh as they will dry out.
Freezing Cookies – Now you can freeze the cookies if you want. Just place in a single row, and then place parchment paper between each layer so the cookies don’t stick together. Then freeze the cookies for 3-4 months. Then thaw on the counter when you are ready to eat.
More Christmas Recipes
- Red Velvet Poke Cake
- Nutter Butter Santa Cookies
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- Check out even more Christmas recipes here.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
- 1 package premade sugar cookie dough
- 1 container Chocolate Frosting
- 48 candy eyes
- 48 mini pretzel twists
- 24 red M&M candies
- Bake your cookies as directed. Then allow the cookies to fully cool.
- Next you will frost the cookies with the chocolate frosting. Spread an even layer around the cookie.
- Next you will add two candy eyes to the top center of the cookies. Then add the red M&M at the bottom center of the cookie.
- Add the two pretzels to each top side of the cookies to create antlers.