Deck the halls and whip up a batch of these Nutter Butter Santa cookies! An easy Santa Claus cookie that requires no baking. A Santa dessert that will be a cheerful way to celebrate the holiday.
Whether you sit these out for cookies for Santa or whip these up and serve as a treat. Kids will love helping add the decorations to these no bake Santa’s! For another Nutter Butter dessert try my Instant Pot Nutter Butter Cheesecake.
Nutter Butter Santa Cookies Are..
- Quick to Make
- No Bake
- Fun For Kids
- Make Ahead Dessert Idea
Nutter Butter Cookies – So you can find these in the cookie aisle. These peanut butter cookies are the perfect shape for making your Santa cookies.
Candy Melts – You will use red candy melts and white candy melts for this recipe. You could use white almond bark to replace the white candy melts.
Candy Eyes – Find candy eyes in the baking aisle by the sprinkles. These help give the Santa a fun look. You could also make eyes with frosting if you wanted.
Red Ball Sprinkles – For the nose I used a red ball sprinkle. But, you could also use a mini M&M that has the M&M logo face down.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make are in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk-through with images to help you to see exactly how to make.
Step One: Melt the red candy melts in the microwave. I did 20 second intervals stirring between each heat cycle.
Step Two: Dip the top portion of cookie into the red chocolate and shake off excess and place on a parchment lined tray.
Step Three: Repeat to do all cookies and then let the red chocolate set up. Then melt the white candy melts the same as red.
Step Four: Dip the bottom of the cookie in white chocolate, and place on the parchment paper. I went about 1/2 way up on the cookies.
Step Five: Add remaining white chocolate to a piping bag or Ziploc bag and then trim off the tip and pipe chocolate for eyes and nose. Then place the candy eyes and red nose on the cookie.
Allow the cookies to dry and serve!
Here are two ways to store your Santa Christmas cookies!
Room Temperature: You can store your cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. The cookies will soften as they sit after about 2 weeks. Then toss.
Freezing: You can freeze cookies for 2-3 months. Just place in a freezer bag or container and then thaw on counter for an hour or two before eating.
A few common questions about these no bake santa cookies.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Nutter Butter Santa Cookies
- 12 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1/4 cup red candy melts
- 1/2 cup red candy melts or white almond bark
- 12 red ball sprinkles
- 24 candy eyes
- Start by melting your red candy melts in the microwave. Do 20 second intervals stirring between each cycle, until melted.
- Dip one of the Nutter Butters in the red just the top portion to mimic the Santa hat. Place on a parchment lined tray. Repeat the steps for the rest of the cookies.
- Allow the chocolate to harden and then melt your white chocolate the same way. Then dip about half of the bottom of the cookie in the white chocolate to mimic the Santa beard.
- Once you are done dipping cookies, take the remaining white chocolate and place in a piping bag or Ziploc bag. Cut the tip off.
- Then add tiny dots of white chocolate for eyes, and nose, and add the sprinkle for nose and candy eyes.
- Let the Santa Nutter Butter Cookies set up, and then enjoy.