Christmas pretzels that are stuffed with caramel and drizzled with chocolate. A simple snack or holiday gift idea to stuff inside a Christmas tin. These caramel stuffed pretzels take no time to make, and they are festive and tasty.
A sweet and salty Christmas treat that leaves you wanting one more bite. Give this easy caramel stuffed Christmas pretzel recipe a try. Pair with a warm cup of hot chocolate.
Pretzels, caramels, melting chocolate and sprinkles. Simple, tasty, and one dessert that screams the holiday season. I love white chocolate dipped pretzels. This recipe is easier as you are drizzling the chocolate on top.
Why You Will Love This Christmas Treat Recipe…
Last Minute Recipe – These holiday pretzels can be made in no time. Assemble, and bake for 5 minutes then drizzle with melted chocolate. That is all it takes!
Simple Ingredients – A Christmas candy that uses simple ingredients. No need to search for tough to find ingredients. Use everyday ingredients you can grab at your local store.
Christmas Candy Tin – This is a great addition to your Christmas candy tin that you are going to gift to loved ones.
Festive Colors – The white chocolate and red candy melts helps to elevate the color of the candy. Then you will add Christmas sprinkles for a more pop of color.
Pretzels – Use any shape of pretzels you want. I used a classic pretzel but pretzel squares, circles, and more work great.
Caramels – I used a classic caramel you unwrap. I then cut them in half, and used half of a caramel for each pretzel. One full caramel seemed too much.
Chocolate – White chocolate and candy melts that were red are what I used. You can even use a green candy melt if you want.
Sprinkles – Festive Christmas sprinkles really throw these Christmas chocolate covered pretzels the perfect look!
How to Make
Full directions on how to make caramel stuffed Christmas pretzels are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk-through.
Step One: Place your pretzels out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Leave a little space between each.
Step Two: Slice caramels in half. Then place half a caramel on each pretzel.
Step Three: Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees from 3-5 minutes. You just want the caramel to soften just a bit.
Step Four: Remove from oven and carefully top with the other pretzel, smashing the caramel.
Step Five: Now melt your white chocolate then drizzle over the top of the pretzels. Then repeat with the red candy melts.
Step Six: Add Christmas sprinkles if you want, and then let set up.
Once pretzels are set up, serve and enjoy this simple and easy chocolate covered pretzel!
Tips and Variations To Recipe
- Use a Rolo (chocolate covered caramels) instead of a classic caramel.
- Any shape of pretzel works as long as not hollow in center.
- Quality chocolate is going to give you the best flavor.
- You heat the pretzels up enough to get the caramel to melt. Once caramel is melted you can pull from the oven.
- Drizzle on the chocolate how you want. I did just a bunch all over, but you can do any design you want.
- Break apart the pretzels if stuck with chocolate once the chocolate sets up, and then serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Christmas Cookies in A Jar Gift
- Christmas Ornament Cookies
- Cranberry Salsa
- Peanut Clusters
- Dulce De Leche Cookies
- 96 pretzels
- 1 package caramels - 24 pieces, 6 ounce bag
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup red candy melts
- Christmas sprinkles, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Lay out all your pretzels in a single layer. I did 48 pretzels.
- Take your caramels and cut in half and place one piece of the caramel on each of the pretzels on the pan.
- Place in a preheated oven for 3-4 minutes. The caramel will soften just a bit.
- Remove from the oven and then place the second pretzel on top, pressing down, to sandwich the caramel in between the pretzel.
- Melt up your white chocolate in the microwave heating for 20 second intervals. Stir well then drizzle all over the caramel stuffed pretzels.
- Repeat with the red candy melts, and drizzle over the pretzels again. Then if you want add on some sprinkles.
- Let the Christmas pretzels set up then serve and enjoy this easy Christmas treat!
Pretzels - You can use any brand or style of pretzels. Just make sure there isn't a big hole in center as you need pretzel there to keep the caramel placed.
Caramel - I used candy caramel but you can swap with a Rolo which is a chocolate covered caramel if you want.
Chocolate - You can use dark chocolate, green candy melts, etc. Feel free to adjust the colors of the chocolate to fit your liking.
Storing - Store your stuffed Christmas pretzels in an airtight container on the counter. Or you can freeze for 3-4 months. Thaw on the counter before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.