Check out these Christmas Oreo Balls. They are a Rudolph the red nosed reindeer Oreo balls! Cream cheese, crushed Oreos, dipped in melted chocolate and decorated to look like your favorite Christmas reindeer. A must make no-bake treat this Christmas.
This Oreo ball recipe has a twist to a classic Oreo ball. I wanted to decorate them for Christmas. Now you can leave off the decorations and make them plain if you wish. But give these no bake cookie balls a try this holiday season.
Why You Will Love These Oreo Truffles…
- Perfect treat that requires no baking
- Easy recipe
- Christmas themed dessert
- Kid friendly – they can help decorate
- Simple ingredients
- Delicious treats for the Christmas season
- Great for holiday party events or as Christmas treats to gift friends
Variations to Recipe
Oreos – Go ahead and use any flavor of Oreo cookie you would like. Mint Oreos, Golden, Peanut Butter, etc. Any flavor of cookies work.
Design – Don’t want to make a reindeer? That is okay, you can dip in chocolate and then add festive Christmas sprinkles. Or drizzle with colored candy melts and skip the reindeer design.
Chocolate – You can use other flavors of chocolate. Dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate both give you the reindeer look. Or use white chocolate for a different design.
Cookies – Swap with other types of cookies. Sugar cookies that are soft baked with frosting, or other sandwich cookies both work.
Here is all you will need to make these Oreo Christmas balls! Simple ingredients that come together for one incredible treat.
Oreo Cookies – So I used a regular Oreo for this recipe. I wanted to create a classic Oreo balls base. This is such an easy dessert and the Oreo and cream cheese pair perfectly.
Cream Cheese – Make sure your block of cream cheese is room temperature. Otherwise it will not cream together and create that creamy texture you need for rolling the cookie chocolate truffles into balls.
Chocolate – So I used Ghirardelli melted candy coating for dipping the Oreo mixture. I find it tastes better than chocolate coating candy melts. But you can use candy melts if you prefer or an almond bark.
Decorating Items – Candy eyes, broken pretzels and red M&M’s are what you will need to transform these Oreo cookie balls to look like little reindeers. Festive treats that elevate a cookie tray instantly.
Check out my Snowman Oreos for another festive holiday dessert that is a no bake recipe.
How to Make
Full steps on how to make these Oreo balls are in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through with images to help you see how these balls are made.
Start by crushing the Oreo cookies in a blender, food processor, or crush using a rolling pin and Ziploc bag. You want a fine-sand like texture.
Once it is a sand texture you will add in the softened cream cheese. Mix well to combine the two. Then you will use a cookie scoop and roll into round balls and place on parchment paper.
Then melt the Ghirardelli chocolate as directed on the package. I just heated in the microwave, stirring between each heat cycle till it is fully melted.
Next dip one of the Oreo balls into the chocolate and shake off the excess. Then place on the parchment paper.
Poke in the broken pretzels for the antlers on top of the ball. Then add your candy eyes followed by red M&M for nose.
Repeat the process till all the balls are done and decorated.
Best Way to Store
Refrigerate – These Oreo reindeer need to be stored in the refrigerate in an airtight container. They will store for up to a week.
Freezer – You can also freeze any cookie balls you don’t plan to eat in time. Simply place in a freezer container and freeze for 2-3 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight before you plan to eat them.
Want more Christmas recipes to whip up? Here are some of my ultimate favorite Christmas recipes to try out this holiday season.
Print Recipe Card
Reindeer Oreo Balls
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 10 ounces Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 20 Pretzels
- 20 red M&M's
- 40 candy eyes
- In a food processor blend up the Oreo cookies to a fine crumble. I did around a handful of cookies at a time, to not overpower the processor.
- Pour the cookie crumbles in a bowl and add your softened cream cheese. Then with a spatula mix to combine the mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop that is around a tablespoon size, and roll each scoop into an Oreo ball. Set on parchment paper
- In a microwave safe bowl melt your Ghirardelli melting wafers as directed on the box. I microwaved but you can use a double boiler.
- Then one at a time dip the Oreo ball in the chocolate and shake off the excess.
- Place the ball on parchment or wax paper. Then add two broken pretzels on top of the ball, followed by two eyes and a red nose.
- Then move on to dipping another Oreo in the chocolate. Repeat until all the Oreo balls look like reindeer.