Serve up this no-bake peppermint cheesecake any time of the year. This creamy and minty peppermint cheesecake legit is heavenly. No baking required, simple ingredients, and a perfect make-ahead dessert.
Table of contents
This no-bake dessert makes an incredible holiday dessert to serve up your family. Also, check out my no-bake peppermint lush layered dessert.
A candy cane cheesecake that you can make in advance and then slice and serve. I used cool whip to decorate the top of my cheesecake and crushed peppermints. The chocolate crust pairs nicely with the peppermint.
🥧 Why I Recommend Making This
- An easy holiday no bake dessert
- Great way to use up peppermint candy canes
- Can make ahead and store in fridge or freezer
- The perfect combination of chocolate and mint
- Festive peppermint Christmas dessert that is easy to decorate
- Peppermint extract used to adjust the perfect amount of mint in each bite
🍬 Ingredients Needed
- Chocolate Crust or Oreo Crust
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Candy Canes or Peppermint Candies
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Red Food Coloring
- Peppermint Extract
🍰 How to Make
Whip | Start by mixing your softened cream cheese until it becomes creamy. Then pour in your sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, salt, and red food coloring. Mix until well mixed.
Fold | Fold in your Cool whip, and mix until it is fully combined.
Pour And Chill | Pour the no bake cheesecake batter into the chocolate crust, or Oreo cookie crust. Then cover, and store in the fridge for 4 hours or in the freezer to allow it to set up.
Decorate and Serve | Once your holiday cheesecake is set up, add some cool whip into a piping bag, and add dollops around the edge. Add more crushed pepermints or candy canes in the center if you want.
Slice and serve this easy peppermint dessert that literally melts in your mouth.
🍽️ Can I Prep This No Bake Candy Cane Dessert In Advance
This candy cane dessert can be made 24 hours in advance. Just whip it up and store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Then right before you are ready to serve, you will then want to decorate with Cool Whip and then crushed candies and serve.
The cheesecake will then store 3-4 days in the fridge.
Topping Ideas For No Bake Cheesecake
- White chocolate shavings
- Crushed peppermint Oreos
- Drizzle of hot fudge
- Chocolate sauce
- Serve plain
🥄 Expert Tips
- Use spearmint extract instead of peppermint for a change of flavor.
- Dress up the top of your cheesecake differently.
- Make sure to use softened cream cheese, or it won’t whip properly.
- Get creative with the crust and try it out. Mint Oreos, classic graham cracker, etc.
- Pour a layer of chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake.
- Mix the red food coloring in really well.
Running a knife under hot water, and then wipe clean with a paper towel. Then easily slice into your no bake cheesecake for a clean slice.
You will want to refrigerate your cheesecake for 2-4 hours to even overnight. Or you can toss in the freezer to help speed up the process of setting up.
When making the cheesecake I do recommend using full fat ingredients and regular cool whip. You will find swapping with sugar free ingredients can cause a wetter cheesecake. It can cause the cheesecake to not set properly.
Looking for More Peppermint Recipes
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- 1 chocolate pie crust or Oreo cookie crust
- 1 package of cream cheese softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- Red food coloring optional
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 tub Cool whip 8 ounces + more for topping
- Peppermints or candy canes crushed for topping optional
- Start by whipping up your softened cream cheese in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. You want it to be a creamy texture.
- Then pour in your sweetened condensed milk, salt, peppermint extract, and food coloring. Whip up until well combined.
- Turn off the blender and add in your Cool Whip and fold it in with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or toss in the freezer to let the cheesecake set up.
- Once the peppermint cheesecake is set up, you can pipe on Cool Whip or even top with crushed candy canes or peppermint candies.
- Slice and serve this no-bake candy cane cheesecake.
Let me know how you enjoy this no bake peppermint cheesecake!