Make this Instant Pot Chicken with Vodka Sauce Pasta for a decadent weeknight meal. Super simple ingredients, very little prep time required, and it’s the perfect Italian dish for the whole family.
This Instant Pot fettuccine is so simple to make and great for using boneless chicken. Fettuccine pasta with vodka sauce is a fantastic dinner any night of the week or make for a fancy dinner.
Table of contents
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
Now you can make this fettuccine vodka without chicken if you want a meatless vodka marinara sauce with pasta. Either way, you will enjoy this dinner.
You can’t go wrong serving this rich and delightful dish that’s filled with Italian flavors. Don’t forget to try out my Instant Pot Sausage Rigatoni.
Creamy sauce along with fettuccini noodles and lots of juicy chicken is just what you need. I sprinkle it with some fresh parsley and some parmesan cheese to complete the dish.
Serve it with some fresh greens, a glass of wine, and some breadsticks, and you will be all set.
🍲 Why I Recommend Making This
- You only need your pressure cooker, so cleanup is a breeze
- Impresses even the pickiest eaters
- Great for meal prepping and can be stored in the fridge
- Easy to make on the busiest nights
- It’s a crowd-pleaser for parties and events
- Each batch makes a lot and will serve 6-8
🧄 Ingredients Needed
- Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Fettuccini Noodles
- Marinara Sauce
- Heavy Cream
- Fresh Parsley
🧀 How to Make
Sauté | Begin by turning on the Instant Pot to the saute setting and melt the butter. Then add in the diced chicken breasts and begin sauteeing them.
Once the chicken appears to be about done, and there is only a little bit of pink left, add in the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until you notice it becomes fragrant.
Mix | Pour in the water and scrape the bottom of the instant pot with a wooden spoon. Then add the marinara sauce and vodka. Before adding the fettuccini noodles to the Instant Pot, break them in half.
Toss them in along with the salt, pepper, and basil. Push the noodles into the water, so most of it is covered.
Cook | Turn on the instant pot to manual for 4 minutes. Cook the vodka chicken, and when it’s done, do a quick release. Pour in the heavy cream and stir.
Serve| Add the chicken with vodka cream sauce to plates and top with some parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy hot!
🍝 Can Kids Eat This Dish?
Yep! Due to the fact that the vodka has been cooked in the Instant Pot, the alcohol will evaporate off of it. There is only 1/2 cup of vodka for the entire recipe, so there isn’t much in it.
If it does make you feel uncomfortable, you could always make them Instant Pot mac and cheese instead.
Topping Ideas For Vodka Chicken
- Chopped Basil
- Asiago Cheese
- Gorgonzola Cheese
🥄 Expert Tips
- There is no need to sauté the chicken until it’s all the way done. You just need to cook it until there is a little bit of pink left. It will finish cooking as the pasta is cooking in the Instant Pot.
- Add in some chopped onions to add even more flavor depth to the vodka sauce.
- Don’t like basil? No problem, swap it for fresh spinach leaves instead. When adding spinach, wait and add it at the end after it’s done cooking. Mix it in when you add the heavy cream until it’s wilted, then serve.
- Go wild, and swap the fettuccini with any other pasta you like. We also enjoy penne pasta!
👩🍳 Recipe FAQs
Let the pasta cool down, then put it in an airtight storage container. It will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
For best results, add the pasta to a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat up for 1-2 minutes or until it’s hot. It will warm up very quickly.
You can serve it with warm breadsticks, garlic bread, or dinner rolls. It’s also lovely with a fresh garden salad and some sautéed veggies.
Pasta in the Instant Pot takes 4 minutes to cook. The key is to ensure that the pasta is under the liquid. Otherwise, your pasta will be hard and not cooked properly.
Looking for More Pasta Recipes
- The Best Instant Pot Pizza Pasta
- Cheesy Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Warm Tomato Brie Pasta
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta with Broccoli
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes on my Facebook Page, Instant Pot Group, and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 12 ounces of fettuccini noodles (or any other pasta)
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup vodka (plain no flavoring)
- 1 ¼ cup marinara (any variety or homemade)
- ¼ cup basil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Start by turning your Instant Pot to the saute feature. Add in your butter and let it melt down. Dice up your chicken into small chunks and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken into the Instant Pot and sear the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is close to cooked.
- Add in your garlic at the end, and cook until it is fragrant. Then turn off the saute feature.
- Pour in the chicken stock or water and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot. Now you will add in the marinara sauce, and vodka.
- Break the fettuccine pasta in half and place on top of the chicken. Add in your basil. Use tongs and push down the pasta so it is all covered in the liquid.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook high pressure /manual mode for 4 minutes. After the 4 minutes are cooked, you will do a quick release of pressure.
- Once you remove the lid slowly pour in your heavy cream and stir. Top with grated parmesan and parsley and serve.
- This Instant Pot vodka sauce pasta and chicken is so delicious. Give this recipe a try!
- To thicken the sauce add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 2 teaspoon water and as you pour in stir, and it thickens the sauce. Repeat as needed at the end to get the desired thickness as you would like.
You can use any type of pasta if you would like. The cook time will be the same.
Swap the parsley with Oregano if you would like.
Ensure the pasta is laid in the pot in different directions to prevent sticking. And make sure all the pasta is submerged in liquid. If you need to add a bit more stock.
If you have pre-cooked chicken you are more than welcome to use that and skip sauteing the chicken.
You can use regular pasta sauce, homemade pasta sauce, instead of marinara. Just buy quality sauce or use homemade for quality.
Feel free to change up the cheese and use it for whatever you have or like. Gouda, Mozzarella, would be a nice alternative to parmesan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 690mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.