7 simple ingredients are all that is required to make this tomato brie pasta recipe. Serve this up for a dinner side dish, or a light dinner recipe. Fresh tomatoes, brie, fresh basil, olive oil, salt, garlic, and tender al dente pasta.
Table of contents
I hit up Trader Joes and grabbed the cheaper brie cheese. No need for anything fancy here. You can literally toss this warm brie pasta salad together for the perfect pasta side dish.
Top with some grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and dive in fork first.
I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you purchase through my link I can earn a commission on sales.
🍅 Why This Recipe Works Well
- Great way to use up fresh garden tomatoes
- Simple Ingredients
- Affordable To Make
- Adapt to ingredients you have
- Very forgiving when you cook it
- A great side dish or light main dish recipe
🧀 Main Ingredients
Pasta | I reached for spaghetti noodles but feel free to swap it out.
Brie & Tomatoes | Brie and diced tomatoes are the base of this, along with garlic, salt, and pepper.
Oil and Basil | Basil adds a nice fresh flavor to this pasta , and the olive oil compliments the pasta and brie.
🍝 How to Make
Start by cutting up your Brie into small cubes. I did around 1 inch by 1 inch size. Then add into a bowl.
Now you will add in your oil, tomatoes, basil, and garlic, and salt into the bowl with the brie. Toss to mix and then cover with a towel.
You want the mixture to sit at room temperature for at least an hour or two, to allow the ingredients to macerate.
Then when close to ready to serve cook your pasta as directed. Drain pasta, and top with the tomato mixture on the hot pasta, to help melt the cheese.
Let the pasta sit 2-3 minutes, and then mix well, for a creamy pasta.
📌 Expert Tips
- Swap out the pasta to use whatever you have. Just cook as directed on the box.
- Letting the tomatoes and brie sit at room temperature for at least an hour will really help add so much richness to the pasta dish.
- You can use any type of Brie, no need to buy expensive brie.
- Feel free to change up the ingredients for what you have on hand.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan.
If you enjoy meal prepping you can make this pasta dish and save back in the fridge and use for lunches or even a light dinner later in the week. It is best when served warm as you get a creamy texture.
But, you are more than welcome to eat it chilled if you save back leftovers. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-4 days.
🍽️ Recipe FAQs
Any brie will work for this pasta brie recipe. Nothing fancy, feel free to buy a cheaper cut, or reach for your favorite brand if you want.
Go ahead and use any type of pasta you have on hand. Spaghetti and Linguine are my preference but any work. Just cook your pasta according to the package.
Macerate means to soften by soaking in liquid. This is when you are soaking your tomatoes and brie in the olive oil mixture. This is going to help marinade flavor and
If you are not a fan of brie you can use a mozzarella cheese or even just plain parmesan cheese. You do not need to macerate the mixture as long, 30 minutes will work since the cheese doesn’t need to break down.
Craving More Delicious Recipes
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Cajun Alfredo Pasta
- Pumpkin Alfredo with Tortellini
- Creamy Pasta with Shrimp
- Chicken Stroganoff
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 1 wedge of Brie cheese, diced into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup of fresh basil
- 4 ripe, large tomatoes chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of spaghetti pasta
- Start by taking your Brie and cutting it into 1 inch cubes. You will add the cut brie into a bowl.
- Now add in your diced tomatoes, olive oil, basil, minced garlic and salt.
- Toss to coat the mixture and cover with a towel and let sit for 1-2 hours on the counter at room temperature to macerate.
- When you are close to serve, cook your spaghetti noodles as directed on the box. Drain and pour the hot pasta on top of the Brie mixture and let sit 2 minutes.
- Then toss the pasta and stir until cheese is melted to make a delicious Brie sauce.
- Serve pasta warm!
You can use any type of Brie, no need to buy anything expensive.
Swap out the pasta if you don't have spaghetti noodles on hand.
You can use grape tomatoes in the replacement of larger tomatoes.
Feel free to add other ingredients if you want to change up the flavor a bit.
Make sure to pour warm pasta over the cheese so it melts the brie and makes it a creamy sauce.
Grate with fresh parmesan for added flavor and texture.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Then you can eat leftovers cold or warm it up in the microwave.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.