Pumpkin alfredo sauce is an easy creamy pumpkin sauce recipe that is bursting with pumpkin flavor. Whip up this pumpkin alfredo sauce recipe and pour over cheese ravioli, linguine, or any other pasta!
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Have you tried making a pumpkin alfredo before? The main focus is the pumpkin puree and then savory onions and garlic along with salt and pepper. This is one pumpkin recipe you will love.
- Pumpkin Puree | Pumpkin puree is a must for this recipe. Whether you make homemade or store bought.
- Heavy Cream | Heavy cream and parmesan is going to help give you that thick and creamy texture to the sauce.
- Onion & Garlic | This dynamic duo along with chicken stock help to give your sauce a savory flavor.
🍲How to Make
In your pot add your oil and add the onions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes until onions become soft and tender.
Once that step is done you will go ahead and add in your pumpkin puree. Allow it to cook until it begins to darken a bit in color. This will take around 3-4 minutes.
Add in your chicken stock, salt, pepper, along with the cheese ravioli. Cook for about 8 minutes or until the cheese ravioli is al dente.
Stir in your heavy cream and then cook another minute to help blend in the sauce. Serve and top with grated parmesan cheese.
The ingredient list and full directions for the pumpkin alfredo recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Other Ways To Serve Up Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
Serve with any type of pasta you would like! My family loves cheese ravioli, but you can use any pasta. Or you can spoon over rice or even cauliflower rice.
If you love pumpkin you might really enjoy this savory pumpkin recipe.
Can I Add Meat To Recipe
I think you could easily add in some cooked shredded chicken. Or you can cook your chicken in a pan and then pair with it if you would like.
How to Store Leftovers
This sauce will store in the fridge for a few days. If you have it mixed with the pasta, that is totally fine. Just put it all in an airtight container and store for a few days.
If you find the sauce is too thick add in a little chicken stock or more heavy cream. Then stir to help thin it out a little bit.
Interested In More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls
- No Bake Pumpkin Lush
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake
- Savory Pumpkin Hummus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¾ Cup stock
- 2 Cups ravioli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Start by adding your oil into a pan over medium heat. Add in your diced onion and saute until transparent. Then add in your garlic and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Now you will add in your pumpkin puree and stir until it is combined. Now, you will cook for around 3 minutes. This is going to darken a little in color.
- Stir in your chicken stock, salt, pepper, and ravioli. Stir well and cover with a lid and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the ravioli is al dente.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for 1 minute until nice and creamy.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Put your pumpkin alfredo sauce ravioli on a plate and serve up warm and enjoy.
You can use any pasta you would like. Just make sure you cook according to the pasta.
If you want to make vegan use almond milk and add a tablespoon of cornstarch in replace of heavy cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.