Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta is a one-pot dinner idea that is on your dinner table in a blink of an eye. Tender pasta, creamy and cheese sauce, ground beef, and topped with your favorite toppings! Enchilada pasta is a must make dinner.
Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta
If you love Tex-Mex dishes, this one-pot enchilada pasta casserole is right up your alley.
Can I Substitute Ground Beef In Enchilada Pasta
Yes! Ground turkey, ground chicken or even toss in shredded or chopped pre-cooked chicken. This recipe is so versatile. Or leave meat out for a meatless dinner recipe. Try my stuffed shells with spinach, for another meatless dinner idea.
How Do You Thicken Enchilada Pasta
Easy, you create a cornstarch slurry to thicken your enchilada pasta! Sometimes you find things are a bit liquidy when cooking in the Instant Pot.
Once you mixed in cheese and cream at the end, turn Instant Pot to sauté and then create your cornstarch and water mix.
Stirring constantly stir it in and cook until thickens. This should take a minute or two. If it isn’t as thick as you want, repeat the slurry to get it even thicker.
Topping Ideas for Enchilada Pasta Casserole
- Shredded cheese
- Guacamole or avocado
- Sour cream
- Black olives
- Diced tomatoes
- Splash of hot sauce
- And more
You can literally top this is so many ways! I went simple with what we like. This is a great meal to let each member of the family top it how they like.
Variations To One-Pot Enchilada Pasta
- Add a can of black beans
- Frozen corn or fresh corn
- Cook with olives in the mixture
- Toss in a can of green chilis
You are more than welcome to add in any other ingredients to create a meal that you love.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Ground Beef Enchilada Pasta
I served it with a green salad, but feel free to do a side of vegetables or anything else. This is a dish we normally don’t pair next to other sides since it is hearty enough as is.
Looking for more Instant Pot Dinner Ideas
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer Salmon | If you have the Duo Crisp with Air Fryer try making this salmon recipe. A low carb dinner idea that is full of rich flavor.
- Italian Beef | If you have a beef roast on hand, try my Italian Beef. Simple ingredients with tons of flavor and a handful of ways to serve it up.
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork | SO easy and made right in the pressure cooker. I made tacos with the meat.
- Cheesy Taco Pasta | Another pasta and ground beef recipe to consider making for dinner tonight. Tender pasta, cheesy, and loads of Tex-Mex flavor.
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls | If you love cabbage rolls you need to try them in the Instant Pot. A super tasty and hearty weeknight meal to make.
How Long Will Ground Beef Enchilada Pasta Store For
You can store this in the fridge for up to three days. If you do meatless it will store for up to five days. Because of the heavy cream and cheese in the recipe, this pasta dish doesn’t freeze well. It will change in texture.
Can I Make This Pasta Recipe On The Stove Top
Yes, you can make this on the stove-top. I will share all the directions in the recipe card, so you can easily print them out and make them.
Cheesy Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta (with Video)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 10 ounce can Enchilada Sauce or do homemade
- 2 1/2-3 cups water
- 3 cups pasta I used Cellentania
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch + 2 tablespoons water for cornstarch slurry
- Fresh lime to squeeze over cooked pasta optional
- Spray cooking spray in the Instant Pot pan.
- Then cook your ground beef and diced onion on the saute feature until the beef is cooked all the way through.
- Now you will stir in your taco seasoning and stir it around to get your beef coated.
- Then pour in the enchilada sauce, water, and pasta. Make sure the water covers all the pasta or it won't cook properly.
- Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, with a quick release.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and heavy cream, stir well.
- If your mixture is thinner in consistency, mix cold water with your cornstarch in a bowl and then stir it in the mixture while the instnat pot is on saute.
- Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Repeat slurry until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Serve and top with remaining cheese and toppings you want.
What Size Instant Pot Did I Use For Making Instant Pot Pasta
I used my 6-quart Instant Pot. Now, I have an 8 quart I have made this in as well. You just want to make sure your pasta is covered in water to cook. Then if you need to remove some liquid once it is cooked. Then do the slurry to thicken it up.