Instant Pot Duo Crisp with Air Fryer Bread Pudding is such a simple and easy dessert recipe, you will want to make over and over again. Easy bread pudding with a rich and creamy custard filling. Loaded with raisins and warm cinnamon so every bite is loaded with flavor.
Bread pudding with raisins is always a favorite of mine. It reminds me of childhood and the bread pudding recipe my dad used to make. If you are looking for an Instant Pot bread pudding recipe, this is a great one to use with your Duo Crisp with Air Fryer.
Custard-base with a little bit of a crispy topping of the bread. It is such a delight, and you can spoon on caramel sauce, syrup, or eat plain without anything on top! Try my peaches and cream quinoa as well for a tasty Instant Pot breakfast idea.
What Type of Bread To Use For Bread Pudding
I used regular sandwich bread but you are welcome to use all kinds of bread. The key is to have the bread be a bit dryer. You can leave the bread out overnight to dry out a bit or wait until it is dry on its own.
- Raisin Bread
- Challah Bread
As you can see you have many options! Of course, if you use a croissant you will have a bit richer flavor since they are buttery. Feel free to improvise and use what you have on hand!
Do I Have to Add Raisins to Bread Pudding
Absolutely not! Feel free to leave the raisins out if you are not a fan. This is fantastic without, or you could even add in chocolate chips for a new element of flavor. Or toss in some pecans or walnuts for a crunch factor.
Can I Make Bread Pudding In Instant Pot
Yes, you can make it in the Instant Pot. I used the air fryer feature on the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, but if you only have a regular pressure cooker you can make it in that as well.
- Prepare the bread pudding as directed, then add 1 cup water to your pot, with the trivet. Then cover your bread pudding pan with aluminum foil, and use a silicone sling to lower it in. Select pressure cook, and cook on high for 40 minutes.
- Natural release for 15 minutes, then manually release any extra pressure, left in the pot. Check the custard mix with a fork, and if it comes out clean it is done. If not, you can cook another five minutes.
Then you can broil in oven to toast up the top if you would like. Do for just 1-2 minutes.
How Is Bread Pudding Served
You can serve bread pudding warm or cold. It is best when served the day you make it. It has the best flavor and texture that way. Try my Instant Pot Vanilla Extract to use in the recipe for added flavor.
Add-Ins for Bread Pudding
- Drizzle with Syrup
- Caramel Sauce
- Mix in Dried Fruit
- Fresh fruit like blueberries, lemon juice, strawberries, etc.
- Add Nuts
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 cups bread cubed
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Spray your non-stick pan with cooking spray. Then place your bread in the
pan and top with the raisins.
- Then in a bowl mix in your half and half, milk eggs, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour the custard mix over the bread pudding. Let set 20 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and then air fry at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- If the knife comes out clean your pudding is done, if it is still wet, you need a longer cook time.
- Once done, you can remove the aluminum foil, sprinkle sugar on top (1 tablespoon) or place back in air fryer setting for another 5 minutes to toast the top and give it a crunch. This is optional.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 servings Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 8g
Searching for More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Instant Pot Nutella Cake (2 Ingredients)
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Dump Cake 3 Ways
- Instant Pot Layered Cake