Sharing is caring!
Easy, sweet, and a delicious layered peppermint dessert that is perfect for Christmas time. Whip up this no-bake peppermint lush dessert and serve up a delicious no-bake layered dessert.
Table of contents
Free up your kitchen, and prep this peppermint dessert the day before you plan to serve. Then just remove from the fridge, slice, and serve. Great for a potluck holiday party.
Oreo lush is one of my favorites. Oreo cookie crust, minty cheesecake layer, cheesecake pudding layer, then topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes. This candy cane dessert never disappoints.
🍰 Why This Recipe Is A Must Make
- No bake dessert
- Similar to my popular Pumpkin Lush dessert.
- Delicious creamy layers
- A great Christmas dessert recipe
- Simple prep
- Can make ahead
- Double recipe to feed a crowd
- Peppermint flavor in every bite
- Oreo Cookies
- Powdered sugar
- Peppermint Extract
- Cream Cheese
- Red Food Coloring
- Cool Whip
- White chocolate pudding
- 1 1/4 cup half and half
- Candy canes or crushed peppermints
🧈 How to Make
Oreo Crust | Crush up some Oreos and then mix them with the butter. Press into the 8×8 pan tightly to make a crust.
Peppermint Cheesecake Layer | Cream cheese, peppermint extract, powdered sugar get creamed together. Add in some red food coloring to give a nice pink color. Once whipped fold in Cool Whip.
White Chocolate Layer | Mix your white chocolate pudding with the half and half. Once it is whipped, fold in Cool Whip.
Cool Whip | The last layer is a layer of Cool Whip topped with candy canes or crushed peppermints.
🥄Variations To Recipe
- You can use Golden Oreos, Mint Oreos, etc. for this no-bake peppermint dessert. Just crush and mix with butter the same.
- Leave out the mint extract for a more classic Oreo no-bake lush.
- You do not have to add food coloring. I just prefer the pink layer in the dessert so you see the layers.
- Use vanilla pudding to replace white chocolate pudding.
- Feel free to use graham crackers for the crust if you want.
- You can use a springform pan instead of an 8×8 pan if you want.
In The Fridge | You will want to cover and store your candy cane squares for 4-5 days. It will begin to spoil so use your best judgment.
Freezer | This dessert can be placed in the freezer in the proper container and stored for up to three months. Thaw on the counter for 30 minutes. Or place in the fridge to thaw overnight.
You can use milk to replace the half and half in the recipe. But, the layers will not hold together as well. The half and half helps to give you that perfect slice.
Peppermint lush is a layered no bake dessert. Oreo cookie crust, peppermint cheesecake, white chocolate pudding, and whipped cream. The perfect holiday no bake dessert.
This peppermint layered dessert is best to be made in advance. It needs to set up in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours before slicing.
More Festive Desserts
- Baked Christmas Donuts
- White Chocolate Chex Bars
- Peanut Butter Balls
- Layered Peanut Butter Fudge
- Soft Cookie Cutter Cookies
- 16 Oreos, crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 white chocolate pudding package
- 1 1/4 cup half and half
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
- Take your Oreos and put them in a food processor and crush them up until they are fine-sand-like. Add 4 tablespoons melted butter and mix until combined.
- Press the Oreos in an 8x8 pan, pressing firmly. This is going to be the crust. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer you are going to whip up your cream cheese until creamy. You need to use softened cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is fluffy add in the powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
- Add as much red as you want to make it the pink or red color you want. Once mixed well fold in 1 cup of cool whip.
- Spread the cheesecake layer over the Oreo crust.
- In a bowl, you are now going to mix the half and half and white chocolate pudding together. Once mixed and creamy, fold in 1 cup of cool whip.
- Spread on top of the cheesecake layer, and then top with the remaining cool whip.
- Cover and place the layered peppermint dessert in the fridge for 4 hours. This allows it to set up.
- Once done, take out from the fridge, top with crushed candy canes or peppermints, and slice and serve your peppermint lush dessert.
Store your peppermint lush in the fridge for 4-5 days. Or freeze for up to three months.
You can leave the peppermint extract out if you want more of a layered Oreo dessert without the mint.
Swap out regular Oreos with other flavors, mint, golden, etc.
You can make this a day in advance of when you place to serve it. Then right before serving add toppings.
If you don't have white chocolate pudding you can use a vanilla pudding mix instead.
Decorate with crushed candy canes, drizzle of chocolate, Oreo crumbs, etc. Get creative and do what you want.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.