Looking for that easy holiday dessert to serve up? Here is a super easy and festive holiday Chex Bars recipe that is perfectly sweet! You have rice Chex cereal smothered in a marshmallow cream, that is then drizzled with an icing and topped with holiday sprinkles. Slice it up and serve for a cute Christmas dessert for the whole family!
With the holidays comes a lot of parties, family gatherings, and just family time. I am always wanting to change things up from the same standard recipes. While I love a good puppy chow mix, I also wanted to step out and try a new way to use Chex cereal. This Chex cereal recipe is similar to a Rice Krispies treat, but with Chex instead. A super easy dessert that anyone can make, whether you clasify yourself as a good baker or not!
More Easy Holiday Desserts
White Chocolate Holiday Chex Bars
Take these bars to work, kid’s holiday parties, playdates, and more. Any and everyone will consider these a huge hit. The red, green, and white sprinkles on top give this the perfect holiday feel. We have made these for years, and they are always a huge hit at our family gatherings.
Recipe for White Chocolate Holiday Chex Bars
This no-bake Chex recipe is simple and delicious. Two things I try to aim for, because cooking doesn’t always have to be hard work!
Ingredients For for White Chocolate Holiday Chex Bars
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Christmas nonpareils
Directions for White Chocolate Holiday Chex Bars
- Start out by spraying a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Next heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Once your butter is melted, toss in your marshmallows.
- Allow the marshmallows to melt, and then remove from heat and stir in Chex cereal.
- Pour your Chex into your 9×13 pan and press it down to become even.
- Melt your white chocolate chips and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Do this until chocolate is fully melted.
- Then pour the chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle over the bars. Add sprinkles and allow to set up.
- Slice and serve!