This gum drop sherbet punch is a delicious Christmas punch recipe. Rainbow sherbet paired with cherry lemon lime soda. Top with whipped cream and gum drops, for a delicious sherbet punch recipe.
Now this gum drop punch would also be so fun for a Candy Land game night! Such a fun board game to play. It takes literally minutes to throw this sweet punch together, and it is kid-friendly.
This Rainbow Sherbet Punch Recipe Is..
- Great for holiday celebrations
- Pour in a large punch bowl for parties
- Easy sherbet punch recipe
- Kid friendly drink
- Christmas inspired
- Delicious drink
- Easy and budget friendly
Ingredients For Sherbet Punch
This is the perfect punch or your next party. Whip this up for a non-alcoholic drink that kids and adults can enjoy. A party favorites drink in our book.
Sherbet – I used a rainbow sherbet. But you could do a plain lime sherbet, orange sherbet, etc.
Cherry Lemon Lime Soda – We reached for Cherry 7Up but you could always swap with Sierra Mist or even Sprite.
Gum drop Cadies – Make sure they are gum drops and not spice drops. The spice drops can flavor the punch in a weird way.
Whipped Cream – Make your own whipped cream or buy it in a can to swirl on top of each glass.
I used these 9 ounce clear plastic cups for serving up this sherbet Christmas punch.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this perfect party punch is in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through.
Step One: Use an ice cream scoop and add one scoop of sherbet to each of the glasses. I did a large scoop, it was around 1/3rd of the cup. Now if you want you can do a couple scoops of sherbet.
Step Two: Now you will slowly pour the 7Up over the sherbet. So I did some with plain 7Up and others with cherry 7Up to offer different flavor choices. Feel free to make your favorite flavor or create options like I did.
Step Three: Next top with your whipped cream. I added gum drops to a stir stick and placed in the cup.
Variations and Tips
Here are some ways to change up this easy party punch. Serve in single serve cups and make a pitcher for a large gathering!
- Use orange soda, Hawaiian punch, or other options to swap out the lemon lime soda.
- Reach for ginger ale or even mountain dew instead of lemon lime soda.
- Add a splash of pineapple juice or orange juice for a tropical twist.
- You could make this an orange punch with orange sherbet or vanilla ice cream and orange pop.
- Use club soda or a sparkling water instead of pop if you want.
- Garnish with orange slices or lemon slices.
- Use any flavors you want of sherbet for this creamy sherbet punch. Strawberry or raspberry would be delicious.
Common Questions Asked
Desserts to Pair With Punch
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group!
Gum Drop Sherbet Punch
- 1 container Sherbet any flavor or flavors you want
- 1 bottle 2-liter 7Up or 7Up cherry flavor
- 1 bag gum drops
- 1 8 ounce can of whipped cream
- Add about 1/3 of the cup full of sherbet. I did a really big scoop, but feel free to add a bit more sherbet. Any flavor of sherbet works.
- Now slowly pour in the 7Up to the glass. Fill close to the top, leaving room for whipped cream.
- Top with some whipped cream and a gum drop.
- Then I took stir sticks and put gum drops on it, and then stuck it in the drink for a cute look.
- 9 ounce clear plastic cups
- Stir Sticks