Rich, creamy, and loaded with warm pumpkin spice flavor is what you get with this pumpkin spice hot chocolate. 5-minute prep, and is ready to ladle up in an hour. Give this fall drink recipe a try, and skip the coffee shop this morning.
Table of contents
Thick and creamy pumpkin hot chocolate is one of my favorites. I love to whip this up when I first get up, and once we get around it is ready to ladle up for the family.
Sip away and enjoy this crockpot drink recipe. Transform it into a fall cocktail by adding some whiskey or bourbon to your hot chocolate.
☕ Why This Recipe Works So Good
- 5-minute prep
- Warm drink to ladle up
- Delicious slow cooker drink recipe
- Make a big batch for a crowd.
- Pumpkin pie spice flavor
- Great for topping with whipped cream
- Fun holiday drink to serve the family or crowd
🥛 Main Ingredients
Pumpkin Puree & Spice | What sets this hot chocolate apart from others is the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
Sweetened Condensed Milk | Get that rich texture from the condensed milk, and half and half.
Cocoa Powder | To get the chocolate flavor to the pumpkin spice drink you will use cocoa powder to stir into the mixture.
🎃 How To Make
Start by adding in your condensed milk, half and half, and pumpkin puree in the crockpot. Whisk to combine it all.
Now you will whisk in your pumpkin spice seasoning, cinnamon and cocoa powder.
Place your lid on the slow cooker and let it cook at low temperature for 1 hour.
When ready, whisk again, and pour in the milk. Then place the lid on the hot chocolate and let it warm up a bit. Once it warms up after to cool milk, the ladle up and serve.
You are welcome to make your hot chocolate the night before you plan to eat. Just cook it up, and then place in an airithght container and store in the fridge.
Then about 30 minutes before you plan to serve place in a pot on the stove and heat it up from low heat. Low and slow is key or you will burn and curdle the hot chocolate mixture.
🥛 Expert Tips
- You can add more or less pumpkin spice seasoning to adjust the flavor.
- Pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie mix are two totally different things. Make sure to get a puree.
- Store leftovers in the fridge covered. Stir well before reheating.
- You can use a homemade puree of pumpkin if you have it on hand.
- Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, or even cinnamon sticks.
🥤 Recipe FAQs
Depending on the brand of pumpkin spice seasoning you buy, you will find it varies. Cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves are generally what is found in pumpkin spice blend.
You will roughly have 5 servings to ladle up. If you need double or even triple the recipe to fit the amount you want to serve up guests.
Go right ahead and mix all your ingredients but the milk on the stove. Allow it to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. Then pour in the milk, and heat until it is warmed up and then ladle up the hot chocolate.
Here Are More Pumpkin Recipes
- No Bake Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Pumpkin Spice Whipped Coffee
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Bread with Cream Cheese
- No Bake Pumpkin Trifles
Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 14- ounce can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups of milk
- Whipped cream marshmallows, and/or cinnamon for serving
- In your slow cooker you will add your sweetned condensed milk, half and half, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Mix well with a whisk and cover and cook on low heat 1 hour.
- At the hour mark stir in the 2 cups of cold mix. If it chills the mixture too much put lid back on and cook another 5-10 minutes or until warm.
- Then ladle up and top cups with whipped cream, marhsmallows, or cinnamon sticks.
- This pumpkin spice hot chocolate is so easy and delicious to make.
- To make on the stovetop just add all ingredients but milk, heat on low stirring often. Once warm add in cold milk, and stir again and heat until fully warmed.
- You can make this in advance, and then store it in the fridge. Then heat on low to reheat the mixture.
- Make sure to reach for pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie mix.
- Top with whatever you want in terms of cocoa toppings.