Celebrate fall with these single-serve pumpkin trifles! An angel food trifle that is paired with a velvety no-bake pumpkin cheesecake filling and whipped cream. This no-bake dessert screams fall.
Table of contents
Pumpkin cheesecake trifle is one trifle bowl you can make in one big container or grab some jars like me and do single serve grab and enjoy.
🥄Why This Recipe Works
- Super easy pumpkin dessert
- Quick and easy no bake pumpkin spice cheesecake filling
- Store bought or homemade angel food cake in replace of cake
- 15 minutes is all it takes to whip up
- Great for serving a crowd or a dessert for your family to enjoy
🍰 Ingredients For Recipe
Angel Food Cake | Grab an angel food cake as the base. This dessert is so easy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake | Pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and cream cheese are the base to this no bake cheesecake layer.
Nuts | Nuts and caramel drizzle are what I use to top these mini trifles!
🍽️ How to Make
Start by mixing your heavy whipping cream, sugar, and cinnamon together. You want to form stiff picks to make it into a whipped cream.
Start by making your no bake pumpkin cheesecake layer. You will mix your cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and vanilla along with pumpkin spice seasoning.
Whip it up until nice and creamy. Then fold in your homemade cinnamon whipped cream and fold it in.
Dice up your angel food cake into squares. Then you will begin to assemble your trifles.
Grab small jars or even a large container and start to assemble your trifle.
Start by adding in a few pieces of your diced up angel food cake. Then top with the pumpkin cheesecake filling. Repeat the layers till the top.
Then add a dollop of your cinnamon whipped topping, chopped nuts and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Chill until ready to eat covered in the fridge!
You can make this angel food cake trifle a day or two in advance. I find it is best when served within the first day or two for freshness.
Store the pumpkin spice trifle in the fridge for up to three days. Anything after that you will want to toss as it can begin to spoil.
Variations To Trifle
- Swap angle food cake with spice cake crumbs, white cake, etc.
- Use cool whip instead of homemade whipped cream
- Add in chocolate chips for another layer of sweetness
- Make sure you cover your trifles or place in airtight containers.
- You can make this into one large trifle, just do larger layers.
- I recommend using softened cream cheese, or you won’t get that creamy texture of the cheesecake.
- Stand mixer or hand mixer I find is the easiest to mix up the cheesecake layer.
Bake up a spice cake mix, white cake, chocolate cake, shortcake, etc. You can use any type of cake. Or use gingerbread cookies in replace of cake.
Pumpkin puree is not the same as a pumpkin pie mix. They both come canned but pumpkin pie mix has other ingredients in it specifically made to make pie with.
You can make as many or as little of these trifles as you would like. This is a great dessert to make for holiday entertaining, a weeknight dessert and more.
More Pumpkin Recipes
For the angel cake layer:
- 3 cups of angel cake about ⅓ of a cake, cut into ½ inch squares or smaller
For the whipped cream:
- 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
For the pumpkin layer filling:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup toasted pecans chopped
- Caramel drizzle
- Start by making your whipped cream. In a stand mixer or bowl whip up your whipping cream, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Once it forms stiff peaks set aside.
- Now you will work on your cheesecake layer. In a bowl or stand mixer, add your softened cream cheese, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla. Whip until a thick creamy texture. Fold in 1/3 cup of the whipped cream. Use a spatula and fold it in.
- Now dice your angel food cake into small cubes.
- To assemble your pumpkin trifles grab 8-ounce jars or a large bowl. Add in some angel food cake, top with the no-bake pumpkin cheesecake layer, and then add more angel food cake and repeat.
- When you are done top with cinnamon whipped cream, top with toasted pecans, and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Store your pumpkin trifles in the fridge until ready to serve.
- You can make single-serve containers or make one large trifle.
- Swap out the angel food cake for any type of cake or even gingerbread cookies.
- Make homemade angel food cake or buy store-bought.
- These no-bake trifles can be made up to two days in advance and can store for three days in the fridge covered.
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix.