Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes is one incredible side dish that you can make for dinner any day of the week. Instant Pot side dishes are always a delight.
They are easy, quick to whip up, and the Instant Pot really locks in the flavors of the ingredients. Green Beans Potatoes and Bacon will win you over for sure.
Table of contents
I can’t get enough of fresh green beans right now. I am eating them in any and every dish I make. My latest obsession is this green bean and new potato dish.
If you have green beans in your garden or a farmer’s market near you, try this recipe out. Country green beans or Southern Green beans are other names I have heard these called. No matter what you name it, these are fantastic.
Why You Will Love Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes…
- Quick cook time
- Easy side dish
- Great to pair with any main dish
- Simple ingredients
- Naturally gluten free
Tools Needed For Potatoes and Green Beans In Instant Pot
- Fresh Green Beans
- Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make
Step 1: Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. Then add in your diced bacon and saute until it is nice and crispy. Remove the bacon and leave the grease in the pot.
Step 2: Turn the saute feature off, and pour in the chicken stock. Use a wooden spoon to scrape and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
Step 3: Add your potatoes, and green beans along with spices into the Instant Pot. Then toss all the ingredients together.
Step 4: Place the lid on and make sure the valve is set to sealing. Pressure cook high manual pressure for 6 minutes. Followed by a quick release of pressure.
Step 5: Once the potatoes and beans are done, open the lid, toss in the bacon, and toss and serve.
Keep any leftovers you have in the fridge for up to four days. I always tell people to use your best judgment as to if you feel you need to throw them out for going bad.
Each fridge cools differently so if refrigerated properly this recipe will last that long.
To reheat your potatoes, simply warm up in a pan on the stove. Or toss in the microwave. Either way, works, and boy are they tasty leftover. I almost think the next day flavor is even better than night one!
Even More Side Dishes To Try
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans | These are a sweet and savory variety of beans that you mix up and allow to cook low and slow all day long.
- Fried Cabbage and Bacon | Talk about a fantastic side. One of my go-to sides for my weekly meals. Add salt and pepper and dive in.
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits | If you are a fan of biscuits, give this recipe a try. Cheesy, garlicky, tender and flaky biscuits.
- Fresh Vegetable Salad | Cold veggie salad with a homemade dressing that will knock your socks off.
- Roasted Zucchini and Squash – If you have some summer produce on hand give this side dish a try.
Instant Pot Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe
- 8 strips bacon cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2 pounds red potatoes quartered
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans ends removed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and place bacon inside. Cook bacon until crisp, then remove bacon from Instant Pot leaving grease in the bottom of the pot.
- Turn off Instant Pot and add chicken stock. Using a spatula, de-glaze pot by scraping off stuck-on bacon pieces from the bottom of the pot.
- Add diced potatoes and green beans. Season with parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and coat ingredients with stock and bacon grease.
- Place the pressure cooker lid on Instant Pot and seal the vent. Set the pot to pressure cook for 6 minutes. Do a quick release of pressure once the time is done.
- Once the Instant Pot potatoes and green beans are done, you will then add bacon and stir to combine.
- Then serve and enjoy your Instant Pot green beans and potatoes recipe.