Baked beans with ground beef are my go-to baked bean casserole recipe! Ground beef, bacon, and beans dressed to impress with onions, peppers, and more. Make these baked beans in the oven for a satisfying dinner or hearty side dish. This is an easy recipe that all you need are a handful of ingredients and a baking dish.
Whether you serve it as a main course or a side dish it is a crowd-pleaser. We love to make this casserole dish for family gatherings or even take to your next cookout. This is our favorite way to eat beans with a tangy barbecue sauce base, crispy bacon, and a hint of sweetness.
These beans are also a great side next to breaded pork chops! Don’t sleep on this great recipe, you will thank me later.
Table of contents
My dad was the man who always made baked beans at family events. Baked beans with hamburger or ham were his go-to beans. They were a show stopper.
I always wanted to make a baked bean that stood out and had people rave like him. I loaded this up with red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow onion, lean ground beef, and the perfect sauce that is loaded with savory flavor.
Well, this baked beans with bacon and ground beef are it. This baked bean casserole is rather easy to whip up, and boy is it flavorful! A classic side dish that will become a family favorite all year round. Or of course, a main meal, whichever you decide.
Why Make This Baked Beans With Ground Beef…
- Best baked beans recipe I have made to date. Sweet, and savory, and the beef mixture really makes it filling.
- Great flavor and a dish that young and old will enjoy.
- Serve as an easy side dish recipe or main dish for a family dinner or take to your next potluck.
- Simple ingredients you might already have on hand in your kitchen.
- A recipe that starts with a can of beans and gets transformed into the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
- This sweet baked beans recipe will fill your home with an incredible aroma that will leave you drooling and waiting for dinner to be ready.
Here is all you need for this baked bean casserole with ground beef! The full measurements are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Pork and Beans
- Ground Beef
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Mustard
- Bell Pepper
How To Make
- In a skillet on the stove, you will add your ground beef and peppers and onions. Cook until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off the excess oil.
- Then you will add in all the ingredients but the bacon, and stir until well combined.
- Next, you will pour the beans into the greased pan. Then top with the diced bacon.
- Bake for 1 1/2-2 hours or until the bacon is fully cooked on top.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious bbq baked beans with ground beef and bacon.
Your beans need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Or you will want to freeze any beans you don’t eat right away.
The beans can freeze for 3 months when stored in a proper freezer container. Then just thaw in the fridge the night before, and reheat in the microwave.
Expert Tips And Variations
- Leave out the bacon or the ground beef if you don’t want the baked beans to be as hearty.
- You can use sugar-free ingredients to help lessen the sugar content.
- Use classic yellow mustard in replace of spicy mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste at the end.
- If you don’t want to use brown sugar swap it with maple syrup for a sweet twist.
- Dark brown sugar can be used in replace to light brown sugar.
- Low-sodium soy sauce can be used to limit your sodium.
- You can swap the pork and beans with your favorite beans: butter beans, pinto beans, etc.
- If you are using dry beans soak first as directed so you end up with tender beans.
- Make sure to use a large skillet as this recipe makes quite a bit.
Is This Baked Bean Recipe Sweet
It offers a slightly sweet flavor due to the brown sugar and sweet peppers in the recipe. The brown sugar adds a nice touch, but I use a lesser amount than other recipes I have seen, cause I don’t love a sweet baked bean. If you want it sweeter add 1/2 cup of brown sugar total to the recipe.
My Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans are a sweeter bean recipe, that you might enjoy if you like a sweeter bean mixture.
Can I 1/2 This Baked Beans Recipe
Yes! If you are not going to serve a handful of people, therefore you can 1/2 all the ingredients. Or if you plan to serve a ton, double the recipe and cook in multiple pans. Such a version and easy bean recipe.
What To Serve With Baked Beans with Bacon
- Dinner Rolls | My cloverleaf rolls are incredible for soaking up all the sauce from these beans! Such comfort food for sure.
- Chopped Salad | Lighten up your meal with this chopped salad. It will pair nicely with the beans!
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread | Cornbread is another fantastic side to consider. Whip up your favorite recipe and pair next to your dish. This is a cheesy jalapeno cornbread recipe!
Searching for more easy dinner ideas
- Beer Can Cornish Hens
- Baked Western Omelette
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Korean Noodles
- Blackstone Grill Burgers
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Baked Beans With Ground Beef Recipe That Will Win Anyone Over
- 4 cans of pork and beans 15 oz cans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 Onion diced
- 6-7 mini sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice up the pepper and onions and then mix it in with the ground beef and cook over medium heat until the beef is done. Drain off any excess grease.
- Once the beef is done add all the ingredients BUT the bacon in and stir really well.
- Pour the baked bean mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish or another large pan. Then top the casserole with chopped raw bacon.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. You want to ensure the bacon is fully cooked.
- Then allow to cool a few minutes and dish up this thick and delicious baked beans with ground beef recipe.
Have you ever made baked beans with ground beef before?