Baked beans with ground beef are my go-to baked bean casserole recipe! Ground beef, bacon, and beans dressed to impress with onions, peppers, and more. Make these baked beans in the oven for a hearty dinner or side dish!
This bean recipe is a great easy side dish, or make for a dinner. Hearty, filling, and bursting with flavor in each bite. These beans are also a great side next to breaded pork chops!
Table of contents
My dad was the man who always made baked beans at family events. They were a show stopper. I always wanted to make a baked bean that stood out and had people rave.
Well, this baked beans with bacon and ground beef are it. This baked bean casserole is rather easy to whip up, and boy is it flavorful!
Why Make This Baked Beans With Ground Beef…
- Best baked beans recipe
- Easy baked beans recipe
- Serve as an easy side dish recipe or main dish
- Great for potlucks or summer cookouts
- Pork and Beans
- Ground Beef
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- BBQ Sauce
- Spicy Mustard
- Bell Pepper
How To Make
Step 1: In a skillet on the stove you will add your ground beef and peppers and onions. Cook until the beef is no longer pink. Drain off the excess oil.
Step 2: Then you will add in all the ingredients but the bacon, and stir until well combined.
Step 3: Next, you will pour the beans into the greased pan. Then top with the diced bacon.
Step 4: Bake for 1 1/2-2 hours or until the bacon is fully cooked on the top.
Serve and enjoy this delicious bbq baked beans with ground beef and bacon.
Your beans need to be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Or you will want to freeze any beans you don’t eat right away.
The beans can freeze for 3 months when stored in a proper freezer container. Then just thaw in the fridge the night before, and reheat in the microwave.
Expert Tips And Variations
- Leave out the bacon or the ground beef if you don’t want the baked beans to be as hearty.
- You can use sugar-free ingredients to help lessen the sugar content.
- Use classic yellow mustard in replace of spicy mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste at the end.
Is This Baked Bean Recipe Sweet
It offers a slightly sweet flavor due to the brown sugar and sweet peppers in the recipe. The brown sugar adds a nice touch, but I use a lesser amount than other recipes I have seen, cause I don’t love a sweet baked bean. If you want it sweeter add 1/2 cup of brown sugar total to the recipe.
My Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans are a sweeter bean recipe, that you might enjoy if you like a sweeter bean mixture.
Can I 1/2 This Baked Beans Recipe
Yes! If you are not going to serve a handful of people, therefore you can 1/2 all the ingredients. Or if you plan to serve a ton, double the recipe and cook in multiple pans. Such a version and easy bean recipe.
What To Serve With Baked Beans with Bacon
- Dinner Rolls | My cloverleaf rolls are incredible for soaking up all the sauce from these beans! Such comfort food for sure.
- Chopped Salad | Lighten up your meal with this chopped salad. It will pair nicely with the beans!
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread | Cornbread is another fantastic side to consider. Whip up your favorite recipe and pair next to your dish. This is a cheesy jalapeno cornbread recipe!
Searching for more easy dinner ideas
- Beer Can Cornish Hens
- Baked Western Omelette
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Korean Noodles
- Blackstone Grill Burgers
Baked Beans With Ground Beef Recipe That Will Win Anyone Over
- 4 cans of pork and beans 15 oz cans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 Onion diced
- 6-7 mini sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice up the pepper and onions and then mix it in with the ground beef and cook over medium heat until the beef is done. Drain off any excess grease.
- Once the beef is done add all the ingredients BUT the bacon in and stir really well.
- Pour the baked bean mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish or another large pan. Then top the casserole with chopped raw bacon.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. You want to ensure the bacon is fully cooked.
- Then allow to cool a few minutes and dish up this thick and delicious baked beans with ground beef recipe.
Have you ever made baked beans with ground beef before?