7 layer dip is a delicious Mexican dip that is seasoned refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and more. This is a great cold dip that is great for parties, potlucks, and other events.
This 7 Layer Dip Is…
- Quick Prep
- Simple Ingredients
- Vegetarian 7 Layer Dip
- Cold Dip Recipe
- 5 Minute Dip Recipe
Refried beans – You can make homemade refried beans or store bought. Both work great for this recipe.
Taco Seasoning – Whether you buy a packet of your choice or learn how to make taco seasoning, it will help add flavor to your beans.
Sour Cream – Reach for a regular or a lighter sour cream if you choose.
Guacamole – I love this component to the dip, really enhances the flavor.
Cheese – I shredded up my own block cheese. I used sharp cheese but you can use any flavor you want.
Black Olives, Tomatoes, and Green Onions – The other toppings used.
Modifications to Recipe
- You can use bean dip in replace of refried beans.
- Swap out the sour cream for Greek yogurt.
- Instead of guacamole you can leave it off and add on shredded lettuce, or even salsa.
- Toppings are able to be changed, feel free to reach for any toppings you want.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make 7 layer dip is in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through for readers if they would like to see how it is made.
Step One: First you will put your refried beans in a bowl, and add in the taco seasoning. Mix well.
Step Two: Pour the beans into a pan, I used a round pie pan. Then you will top with a layer of sour cream.
Step Three: Next do a layer of guacamole. The guacamole I used was strong in flavor so feel free to use less if you don’t want the flavor to be too strong.
Step Four: Top with the shredded cheese, green onions, diced tomatoes and black olives.
Serve your 7 layer Mexican dip with tortilla chips, corn chips, veggies, etc. We have even used veggie straws and it was tasty.
You can store this dip in an covered dish in the fridge. This dish is best eaten within the first 24 hours. You will find the guacamole will brown after so long.
You can mix in around 1 tablespoon of sour cream with the guacamole to help it not brown as quickly. This 7 layer bean dip can store for 2 days in the fridge.
7 layer dip has bean dip with taco seasoning, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, tomatoes, green onions and black olives.
This layer bean dip is cold, you will find it is full of perishable ingredients. This is a cold dip that you can serve at parties, as a side dish for dinner, etc.
If you are lucky enough to have leftover dip simply use for making a burrito, quesadilla, or even a taco topping. This dip is delicious and versatile in how you use it up.
Here are more party dip recipes to try out for your next gathering, or dinner side dish to pair with your meal.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
7 Layer Dip
- 1 can refried beans 16 ounces
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 3 green onions diced
- Pour the refried beans into a bowl and then add in the taco seasoning. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the beans into a deep dish pie pan or 8×8 pan.
- Next you mix up the sour cream and softened cream cheese. Mix well and then spread on top of the beans.
- Follow by a layer of guacamole, spread evenly. It is okay if it doesn't fully cover every area.
- Add on your layer of sour cream, and then top with black olives, tomatoes, and green onions!
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes at least and then serve up this easy 7 layer dip!