This corn dip can be made in literally no time flat. Serve up this Frito corn dip for parties, game day snacking, or even as a weeknight snack. Give this cold corn dip recipe a try for fun party food.
A creamy and cheesy corn dip recipe that has corn, taco seasoning, and creamy sauce. This easy corn dip recipe is crazy simple to throw together.
This Corn Dip Is…
- Quick and easy
- Cold dip recipe
- 6 Ingredients
- Super popular at parties
Corn – You are welcome to use drained canned corn, fresh off the cob, or frozen.
Cheese – We are a cheese family so we add a little extra. But you can always do less or more cheese.
Bell Pepper – I used a green bell pepper. You are welcome to use any color or variety you want.
Red Onion – The red onion adds a nice bite of flavor. If you are not a fan of onions you can leave them out.
Mayo – This is the creaminess of the corn dip.
Taco Seasoning – You can use mild, medium or hot. Or go ahead and make your own DIY taco seasoning.
Variations To Recipe
- Swap out and do half sour cream half mayonnaise for a slight flavor change.
- Leave out taco seasoning if you would like.
- Crush up 2 cups of corn chips finely and mix in the dip. It will make chips soggy but adds flavor.
- Use red onion instead of green.
- Consider making this a corn dip with rotel,
How to Make
Step One: In a bowl add your mayonnaise and taco seasoning. Mix well till fully combined.
Step Two: Finely dice the bell pepper and onion. Place in bowl with the sauce.
Step Three: Next, add in shredded cheese. Once well mixed serve or store in the refrigerator.
Storing Corn Dip
Refrigerate – You need to store the dip in a sealed container. This game day dip recipe will last up to two days in the fridge. The fiesta corn dip is great, but you will find the onions will become stronger the longer they sit in the fridge.
You will find freezing this Frito corn dip recipe isn’t going to work. The texture will be off once you thaw from being frozen. So only make what you know you will eat.
- Make sure to drain the corn, or it will be to watery for this corn appetizer dip.
- Make sure to drain the corn.
- Allowing the Mexican corn dip to refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour is going to help enhance the flavor. The taco seasoning will blend better with the ingredients.
- This is a great game day appetizer that you can make ahead of time and keep chilled in the fridge till you are ready to serve.
Here are some common questions about the corn dip with Fritos! Hope these can help you.
- 2 cans corn, drained (15 ounces each)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 bag Frito chips, optional
- In a bowl you will add your mayonnaise and your taco seasoning. Mix well to make sure the taco seasoning mixes well with the mayo.
- Then dice up a red onion, and bell pepper and toss in the bowl.
- Open up 2 cans of corn and drain well, then pour in. You can also use fresh corn off the cob you cut or frozen corn.
- Mix the corn dip ingredients together, and once incorporated, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to an hour.
- When ready to serve you can crush some Frito chips up and sprinkle on top or serve them for scooping. Or pair with veggies, tortilla chips, etc.
Frito Chips - Some people love mixing the corn chips in the dip, if you do not like soggy chips skip this option. I find we prefer it just dipping the corn dip on chips. But you can crush and mix in 1/2-1 cup.
Cheese - I used sharp cheddar, but you can use a Monterey jack, pepper jack, or any other variety of cheese.
Storing - Make sure to store the corn dip in the fridge in a covered dish. Toss well right before serving.
Dipping - You can use crisp veggies like celery sticks for a dipper in the corn dip. Or opt for crackers, or even tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 412mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.