Try out my sheet pan nachos for dinner or as an easy appetizer. This is a tortilla chip nacho piled high with ground beef, red onion, sour cream, and all the rest of your favorite toppings. This is a game day approved recipe the whole family can enjoy. Loaded nachos are always welcome in our home.
Sheet pan recipes are so popular right now, for those easy dinner ideas that are no fuss. Well this is a delicious recipe that is loaded with melty cheese and makes for an easy cleanup. So whip up this family favorite and pile high with all the best nacho toppings of your choice.
Also try out my 6 way sheet pan cookies. One dough that turns into six different flavors of cookies. Or try sheet pan pancakes for breakfast.
So whether you serve as a quick weeknight meal or for a super bowl party, this is an easy way to make great nachos in under 15 minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Sheet Pan Nachos Recipe…
- Easy Family Dinner
- Simple Appetizer
- Great Way to Cook A Big Batch of Nachos
- Great for Picky Eaters
- Use Your Favorite Toppings To Customize
Ground Beef – You can use ground turkey, ground chicken in replace of the beef if you want. Just cook until crumbled and fully cooked.
Taco Seasoning – You can buy your favorite packet or make homemade taco seasoning.
Tortilla Chips – Grab your favorite tortilla chips for this nachos recipe.
Shredded Cheese – Mexican Style cheese is great but if you want you can use sharp cheddar cheese as well.
Toppings – Black olives, salsa, sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, avocado, and even some cilantro.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make sheet pan nachos are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick visual walk through.
Step One: Start by placing your tortilla chips on a prepared sheet pan ( I love silicone baking mats). Then in a skillet on the stove cook your ground beef until fully cooked. Then season with the taco seasoning. Spread over the chips.
Step Two: Next add on the cheese and toppings of choice. Spread evenly over the chips.
Step Three: Bake as directed until the cheese is melted. The melted cheese is all you need to know these are ready. Then pile toppings on top of the nachos and dive in.
Step Four: Top with sour cream, salsa, etc.
Substitutes and Tips
- Consider these toppings – black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, pico de gallo, cheese sauce, etc.
- For a crunchy nacho serve right away, to prevent soggy nachos as the chips sit.
- You can customize with any of your favorite nacho toppings or serve it bare.
- Cook around 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Drain off the grease from the juicy taco meat to prevent it sogging up the chips.
You will find that eating your nachos fresh out of the oven is best. Feel free to refrigerate the leftovers, but know the chips will become soggy if they have a lot of toppings on them. Then eat cold or reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Common Questions Asked
More Easy Recipes
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Sheet Pan Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheese Mexican-Style
- 1 12 -14 ounce bag of Tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup red onions chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 medium avocado diced
- 1 medium tomato diced
- Start by cooking your ground beef in a skillet over medium to medium high heat. Cook your ground beef until it is crumbled and fully cooked.
- Drain off the grease, then add in the taco seasoning and water. Cook till the water absorbs.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Then grab your sheet pan and line with aluminum foil or a baking mat.
- Add your chips in an even layer on the baking sheet. Then pile high with your ground beef.
- Top with your shredded cheese, red onions, olives, and even jalapeno slices if you want spice.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Once the nachos are done drizzle on the sour cream, salsa and other loaded nacho toppings. Serve immediately.
- Rimmed Baking Sheet
- Ground Beef Chopper optional
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!