Try out my homemade strawberry syrup for drinks. This is a 3 ingredients strawberry syrup that is great for mixing into drinks! Whether you make a strawberry Italian soda, stir in with a cocktail, etc. this mix is dynamite.
Table of contents
This strawberry simple syrup can be used on pancakes, waffles, making strawberry soda, stirring in desserts, and more.
I love using this as a strawberry soda recipe, but feel free to use it as you would like.
🧉Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Flavor sparkling water
- Great to flavor iced tea
- Top ice cream with the berry syrup
- Drizzle on French toast and other foods
- You can use frozen strawberries if needed
- Quick and easy
- Use as a syrup for shaved ice
- Better than store-bought, and cheaper
🍓 Ingredients Needed
- Lemon Juice
🍋 How to Make Strawberry Syrup for Drinks
- In a small saucepan, dissolve sugar and water in a pan on the stove. Add in strawberries and lemon juice.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes to break down the fruit. Once done, let sit for 30 minutes to cool down.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, and store in a container (I used a swing top glass bottle) in the refrigerator.
Ingredient measurements and full directions are in the printable recipe card below.
👩🍳 Storage Of Strawberry Simple Syrup
This fruit syrup needs to be stored in the refrigerator or it will spoil. Store the strawberry mixture in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Just make sure to shake between each use. In terms of mixing I do around 1 1/2 ml of strawberry syrup to 5 ml of soda water, tea, etc.
But feel free to experiement with how much you prefer in terms of flavoring.
📌Variations to Strawberry Syrup
- If you want try using different fruit to create all types of flavored syrups. Would be tasty with raspberries, blueberries, etc.
- This syrup is great stirred into cocktails, flavoring tea, soda water, topping waffles, pancakes, etc. Have fun thinking out of the box to use.
- You can use honey in replace of granulated sugar if you would like.
Also, check out my tea bomb recipe, it is a great way to drink something unique and fun!
Fresh or frozen can be used for this strawberry syrup recipe. It is all a preference on what you prefer or what you have on hand.
Strawberry syrup will only last up to two weeks in the refrigerator. It needs to be stored in a sealed container, otherwise it will spoil faster.
Running your strawberries under cold water making sure to wash your berries to remove any debris. Then pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess water.
Take a paring knife and in an angle motion cut around the green stem portion of the strawberries. This will remove all of the green top portion of your berries.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Easy Strawberry Pie
- No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- Easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Boozy Strawberry Watermelon Drink
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 12oz fresh strawberries, can use frozen
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Wash and remove the tops to your strawberries, and sit aside.
- In a small saucepan, you will add your cup of water and sugar in a pan. Heat on low stirring the mixture until the sugar is fully melted.
- Add in your prepped berries and lemon juice.
- Cook your strawberry mixture, stirring here and there for 10 minutes. You want to make sure the strawberries are disintegrating.
- Now turn off heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour your strawberry syrup into a jar with a lid, and store in the fridge.
- You can do 1:1 syrup and alcohol for a cocktail. Or 1 1/2 ml for 5 ml for soda water, and more.
- This homemade strawberry syrup can store for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
You can double or triple the syrup recipe if you would like.
1:1 for soda syrup and cocktail.
1 1/2:5 fl oz for pouring in sparkling water.
You can use this syrup to dress up tea, pour over waffles, pancakes, use as sno-cone syrup, etc.
You can use frozen strawberries.
Swap lemon with lime juice if you want a different flavor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.