Cookie bars are the ultimate way to make buttery cookies everyone can enjoy. One cookie base that gets split 6 ways and is transformed into 6 different cookies in one sheet pan. A fantastic holiday cookie, potluck dessert, or game day recipe to make.
This cookie bar recipe is great for tailgating, to serve as a holiday dessert for a crowd, or snacking. Make all your favorite cookies at one time.
How Can You Make Cookie Bars 6 Different Ways
- Create your base cookie dough
- Divide it up into 6 bowls
- Create your different mix-ins
- Stir up each cookie dough mix
- Press into pan and bake
I did 6 different flavors of cookies but you are more than welcome to do 4 different cookies or even just two!
How to Make Cookie Bars
The ingredient list and full directions are in the printable recipe card featured below.
Step 1: What I did was go ahead and get smaller bowls and created all the mix-ins I wanted for each cookie. Then I sat them aside.
Step 2: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then in a stand mixer cream your butter and brown sugar and granulated sugar together.
You want it to cream together so this takes 2-4 minutes. Then add eggs, and vanilla.
Step 3: Now you will add in your mixed flour, salt and baking soda. Add a little at a time so it incorporates well.
Step 4: Split the cookie dough into 6 even bowls. Now add in your mix in ingredients for each cookie. Stir well and drop into one corner of a greased or parchment lined 11×17 baking sheet.
Step 5: Press each cookie batter down and make little rectangles with each dough. Then bake as directed.
What Cookie Flavors to Make
Here are the cookies I made out of this one batter. Feel free to change up the cookie mix ins to fit hear you want.
- Chocolate chip with pecans – 1/4 cup pecans,1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Inside Out Cookies– 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa, 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Peanut butter M&M cookies – 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup mini M&M’s, 1/4 cup oats
- Oatmeal chocolate chip with coconut – 1/3 cup oats, 1/4 cup coconut, 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chip cookies – 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Double chocolate with chocolate chips – 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa, 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Don’t stop here, there are so many different kinds of cookies you can make using the base cookie mix!
Can I Make Different Cookie Flavors
Go right ahead and change in your cookie dough mix in ingredients. These are just what I picked for this sheet pan cookie recipe.
Do You Refrigerate Cookie Dough Before Baking
For this particular cookie bar recipe, you do not have to refrigerate the dough. Just mix, press into pan, and bake.
How to Know When Sheet Pan Cookies Are Done
To know when sheet pan cookies are done, grab a toothpick and stick into the cookies. If no dough Appears when you remove toothpick the cookies are done.
When To Make These Cookie Bars
- Christmas dessert, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc
- Potluck dessert
- Game Day snacking
- Birthday Party Desserts
- For your family as a treat
Do I Have to Make All 6 Cookie Batters
Absolutely not! Make as many or as few as you would like. Do just one single cookie or split it into two cookies or even four. The choice is up to you!
Here Are More Easy Desserts You Might Enjoy
- Cake Batter Fudge
- Mini Key Lime Pies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna
- Marshmallow Popcorn
- Salted Caramel Bars
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter (3 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Mix in For Each Cookie
- In a stand mixer, you will cream your butter and granulated sugar and brown sugar. You will whip this up for 2-3 minutes.
- Now you will stir in your 2 eggs, and vanilla. Mix until creamy.
- Then you will add your flour into a small bowl, baking powder, and salt. Stir and then slowly mix that into the cookie batter, stirring.
- Once the batter is fully mixed, divide the batter into 6 bowls. Then add in your cookie mix-ins for each bowl.
- Press the cookies into the parchment-lined pan 11x17, making square patches of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 15-18 minutes or until the cookies are done.
- Allow cookie bars to cool then slice and serve.
- Chocolate chip with pecans - 1/4 cup pecans,1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Inside Out Cookies- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa, 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Peanut butter M&M cookies - 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup mini M&M's, 1/4 cup oats
- Oatmeal chocolate chip with coconut - 1/3 cup oats, 1/4 cup coconut, 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chip cookies - 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Double chocolate with chocolate chips - 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa, 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.