Craving fresh watermelon salsa? This fire and ice watermelon salsa is loaded with sweet and spice in every bite. Serve up this refreshing salsa as a snack, appetizer or topping for tacos.
Watermelon Pico De Gallo is loaded with mango, watermelon, jalapeno, red onion, and more.
Table of contents
Watermelon, mango, cucumber salsa is so delicious. Now, the watermelon salsa with feta is a bit different in flavor. Out of the two, this one is my favorites.
For a sweet option, try my watermelon pizza.
Why Will You Love This Watermelon Salsa…
- Red Onion
- Garlic Salt
- Lime Juice & Zest
How to Make
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: The first thing you want to do is prep all the ingredients. Finely dice the watermelon, cucumbers, mango, jalapeno, and onions.
Step 2: Toss all the fruit and veggies in a bowl and then add in the lime zest and basil.
Step 3: In a bowl add your lime juice, garlic salt, and sugar. Whisk well until it is all mixed.
Step 4: Pour the dressing over the watermelon salsa and toss well. Cover the fresh salsa and refrigerate in the fridge.
I like to refrigerate the salsa for around 30 minutes to an hour, and then serve up the mango salsa with tortilla chips.
You will want to cover and store this watermelon cucumber salsa in the fridge in an airtight container. The watermelon mango salsa will store for 2-3 days.
You will find that the salsa will break down as it sits. I find the salsa is best to serve within the first two days.
Variations To Recipe
Here are some changes you can make to this watermelon cucumber salsa recipe.
- Make into watermelon cilantro instead of a watermelon basil mixture.
- This is sweet and spicy but you can de-seed the jalapeno to reduce the spice.
- Reach for peaches instead of mangos.
- Do bell pepper in replace of jalapeno peppers to reduce the spice.
- I recommend dicing the vegetables and fruit very small.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumbers before dicing.
- Reach for seedless watermelon.
Looking for More Delicious Recipes
- Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- Long John Silvers Chicken
- Cucumber and Onions
- Jerk Chicken
- Pea Salad
- Bean Salad
- Taki Chicken Bites
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment to let me know how you like it! Plus get more Instant Pot Recipes or Home Cooked Recipes Facebook Page on my Facebook. Stay up to date and Follow Me On Pinterest!
- 3 to 4 cups seedless watermelon, finely diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2- 1 tablespoon sugar, to taste
- Start by prepping all your vegetables and fruit. You want to de-seed the cucumber and jalapeno (if you want milder in flavor).
- Dice the watermelon, cucumber, red onion, mango, and jalapeno finely, and place in a bowl. Add in the finely diced basil, and then your lime zest.
- Now in a bowl add your lime juice, garlic salt, and start with a little sugar. Whip up and pour over the watermelon mixture.
- Toss until it is fully coated. Taste, and if you feel it needs more sugar, add to taste.
- Place your cucumber and watermelon salsa in an airtight container and store for 30 minutes before serving.
- Give a toss then serve up the salsa with chips, on top of tacos, with veggies, etc.
- Swap the mango with peaches if you like.
- Use cilantro or mint leaves to replace of the basil.
- You can leave out the jalapeno pepper if you don't want it to be spicy.
- Swap the jalapeno with bell pepper if you would like.
- You can use artificial sweeteners to replace the sugar in the recipe if you don't want to use granulated sugar. Just add the sweetener to taste.
- This salsa will store for 2-3 days. It is best to be eaten within the first day or two of being made.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
This information is automatically calculated by third-party software, including but not limited to the Create or Bake Me Some Sugar. For accurate nutrition, I suggest running the ingredients in your own system to get a more accurate reading. Nutritional information is approximate and automatically calculated, and should only be viewed as an indication.