This Shirley Temple Drink is a Halloween inspired drink that is made with 7Up, grenadine syrup, and of course cherries and some food coloring to mimic blood. A kid-friendly drink that is bursting with sweet cherry flavor in each sip.
Or leave off the Halloween theme and serve up this lemon-lime soda based non-alcoholic drink for any special occasions on your horizon. A simple recipe that kids and adults can enjoy all year round. I just loved the fun Halloween look. Pair this drink with these monster Oreo balls.
Plus you can make this a dirty shirley temple if you are looking to serve up adults. Try these ooze Jello shots in syringes, mummy cherry hand pies, or even these Frankenstein cupcakes in a jar.
This Shirley Temple Drink Recipe Is…
- Made with lemon lime soda
- Can Be Made Into A Shirley Temple Cocktail
- Non-Alcoholic and Kid Friendly
- Fancy Drink
- Sweet Drink Recipe
- Famous Mocktail Inspired By Halloween
Ingredients You Will Need
Here is all you need for this famous child star mocktail that is one that is full of childhood memories. The actress Shirley Temple loved this refreshing drink. The original recipe didn’t have the Halloween twist but you can enjoy this drink however you want.
Lemon Lime Soda – I used lemon lime soda, but you can also use ginger ale if you would like.
Grenadine Syrup – The sweetness of this drink comes from this delicious syrup. Feel free to add less or more to adjust the sweetness of the non-alcoholic beverage. You can buy a bottle of grenadine at most grocery stores or shop online.
Cherries – You can make a garnish of maraschino cherries to give this the classic happy hour look you would be served up at a restaurant.
Red Food Coloring – I used red food coloring to elevate the brightness of this child’s drink. You can leave out the food coloring but you won’t have the brilliant red color.
Halloween Plastic Fangs – These plastic fangs and plastic spiders help to give this classic mocktail a Halloween spin. Of course leave it off if you don’t want to serve up at Halloween. This easily can turn into a valentine’s day drink as well.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make a shirley temple are below. This is a quick visual walk through for you to refer to.
Step One: Add ice into a glass, and then pour in your lemon lime soda. Or if you are using ginger ale use that.
Step Two: Add in the grenadine syrup and then place fangs or spider items on side of glass and straws.
Step Three: Drip some gel food coloring down side to look like blood on glass. This is of course optional.
Helpful Tips and Variations
- You can use ginger ale instead of a lemon lime soda.
- If you can’t find grenadine you can use pomegranate juice in replace.
- Add a splash of orange juice or even ginger beer to give this classic shirley temple mocktail a twist.
- You can sweeten up the drink more with a splash of simple syrup.
- Fresh lime juice or lemon juice adds a pop more of flavor to this mocktail.
- I like to use a tall glass to really showcase the bright red color paired with the ice.
- Don’t pour over ice cubes until you are ready to serve. As the ice melts it will water down the drink.
- Make a larger batch in a punch bowl for a hot day mocktail the whole family can enjoy.
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or My Facebook Group
Halloween Shirley Temple Drink
- 16 ounces Lemon Lime Soda
- 2 ounces Grenadine
- optional gel food coloring
- 2-4 maraschino cherries
- Fill two glasses with ice. Then pour your lemon lime soda on top of the ice.
- Add in the grenadine over the ice, and gently stir to mix.
- You can add in a straw, plastic fangs, and add gel food coloring to look like blood on side of glass if you want.
- Top with a cherry or two, and then serve.
- 2 Glass
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @bakemesomesugar and on Instagram @bakemesomesugar
Leave A Reply!